Home

Odd motivations by pre-NCAA players

This is a discussion on Odd motivations by pre-NCAA players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Odd motivations by pre-NCAA players

I am only 22 and I feel like I've lost touch with the NCAA gamers around me. Reading through people's posts and worries on what information they need in order to buy the game is completely out of wack. JERSEY COLORS, I may just be old school but I don't care what the players are wearing. A generation that cares about jersey fashion makes me think we have a bunch of "Bruno"s playing NCAA. Especially when they divulge further into shoe colors, sleeve colors, gloves colors, and facemask styles. Its not a dress-up game its football.

Another wish from those without the game that baffles me, is a battle between 2 things. Rosters vs. Player Ratings, I haven't seen a single player rating request. The names are just dandy but I don't care about seeing my cousin's friend's brother's name in the game if he is rated 70+. I can't work out a game plan with a paper full of names. Give me numbers which equate to strengths and weaknesses and we got the ball rolling.

SOMEONE GET THOSE RATINGS UP!

Finally I read a post on who people play with and I know its college football and I know its about tradition and I know its about favorite teams. But did every little brat out there grow up liking a powerhouse. I LOVE the underdog and my favorite football teams are the little guys who have recently become big programs. I will play with Missouri and Kansas until I die, regardless of rank EVER. I feel like this next generation of gamers have a NEED TO WIN attitude that is sad. In a simulation game, you can have jersey-less numberless powerhouses and play the same....year in and year out.

Does anyone else feel like what they want out of the game is becoming different from what others want?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
Banned

RubTheRock's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Odd motivations by pre-NCAA players

hall of fame post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5

Well I don't think anyone really knows ratings because ea sports seemed to have screwed them up so nobody is really sure about that
Old 07-10-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubTheRock
hall of fame post
I 2nd that...
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Can someone post the ratings in the roster that no one has yet? Thanks in advance.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't think it is much of a stretch to say that gameplay suffers because of the time devoted to stadium and jersey detail to accuracy.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:10 AM   #7
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

So we can't ask for a game that looks good? I mean if EA is going to make gameplay so horrible can't they at least give us fancy graphics and correct uniform colors and stuff? Although its not a fair trade its a start.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #8
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama_Slim
I don't think it is much of a stretch to say that gameplay suffers because of the time devoted to stadium and jersey detail to accuracy.
Except of course that the people that code the AI and the people that do the artwork are two different groups.

There's nothing wrong with wanting the teams to wear the correct colors and equipment. It's not like we're still dealing with Tecmo Bowl graphics or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »