Home

NCAA 10 PSP Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 PSP Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
NCAA 10 PSP Sliders

I thought I'd get a PSP sliders thread going. These are what I'm toying around with now, but I really want this to be a community effort. So, please try these out and give honest feedback and let's keep working on things until we get the game playing the best it possibly can.

All-American
7-min. Quarters
Sub Out/In: 80/85

Offense (Hum/CPU)
QB Acc: 99/99
Pass Block: 99/99
WR Catch: 85/85
Run Block: 99/99
Run Ability: 85/85

Defense (Hum/CPU)
Def Awr: 10/85
Knockdown: 0/0
INT: 0/0
Break Block: 0/0
Tackle: 5/5

Special teams: all at 50, except FG Power, which I have maxed. This could change if it turns out I'm just executing the kicks poorly.

Penalties: all at 50. You'll see a good-variety of penalties called, so I haven't felt the need to touch it.

While these appear to be slanted towards the offense, you have to understand that with the portable versions, the defense has a built-in advantage. So, to negate that, you need to boost certain things to make the offense not play brain-dead.

The big thing was boosting OL blocking all the way to 99. I was just seeing way too many blown assignments and at least with it maxed, the protection is a little better. I realize part of the issue is the messed-up rosters, but until those are fixed (if ever for PSP), this is what we have to do for now. Same holds true for the running game.

You'll see a few drops by WR's a game, but not a ton like last year. I still raised it to 65 just to be safe.

EDIT 8/4 Made some pretty significant changes to the sliders. Basically I've maxed all the offensive sliders and dropped all the defensive sliders to 0, or close to it. It was too easy to shutout the CPU with the sliders I had originally, so let's see how these work.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

Last edited by DJ; 08-04-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Sliders needed major overhaul
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 10 PSP Sliders

Thanks man. I really didn't know where to start when creating sliders for the psp!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukslamjam
Thanks man. I really didn't know where to start when creating sliders for the psp!
Me either. I just started playing games on default settings and have been tweaking things since then, but I think what I have now is working pretty good. Let me know how these work out for you.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 07-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank you, I've been trying to tweak myself, but couldn't get a point where the CPU was doing as well as I thought they should. I'll give these a try myself as well. Maybe it will help when I get to a better opponent in Dynasty mode as well.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

I'm going to run a few games with QB Acc. at 60 and see how much of a difference that makes. Completion percentages are around 50% at 50, so just want to test and see what a bump up does.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Upping QB helps, but I'm seeing the CPU QB miss tons of easy pass plays. This was something that was in 09 as well. Very annoying. I was seeing this in a game against Arkansas State using the sliders in my Husker franchise. Then, all of the sudden, the CPU got the hot hand and was hitting everything, then just as quickly, got cold again. I played Huskers vs Sooners at 60 and Bradford was missing easy passes. I'm going to keep it at 60 against VA Tech in franchise to see if it works, or up it during the game. Taking a small break though to check out the Flexbone from GA Tech. I may have my secondary team after playing a few downs.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Bumped QB Accuracy up to 65 as both User and CPU were missing too many "easy" passes, i.e., passes in the flats.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 07-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for posting these! I picked up the game an hour ago and will be testing the sliders. I hope to provide some input.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »