Home

Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 Post-release Thread

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 Post-release Thread within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 Post-release /Translation thread

Been playing it for 2 days now...good stuff.

I haven't played a pro yakyu spirit game since part 2 and I was completely shocked how much it advanced. I have the PS2 version though (PS3 is still not on my must buy list yet) and I notice that the graphic quality dropped in favor of a more realistic animations, which is fine by me.

The swinging animations is what really surprised me....this has to be the only baseball game I've played with a true to life swinging mechanic for every at bat situation. Strikeouts can look really sick......(I saw an animation where the batter almost fell down by swinging so hard)

To others who did not like the cutscene for every no doubt HR can relax......it seems you have to be really on point to get that scene this year.....all my HRs have been without the cutscene.

The menu takes time to get used to....especially if you haven't played the series in a long time as myself but once you get used to it...its a breeze. Pennant mode is completely confusing to me at this point because I'm still not used to the training mechanics of the farm system.

Gameplay wise.....I've played on the Hard difficulty and there seems to be 1 problem I see:

Am I the only one to notice the CPU never throws balls like they used to? The CPU hammers the strikezone constantly. It has destroyed my method in hitting and I'm striking out way too much.

Anyone tried another difficulty where the CPU actually throws balls?

Last edited by skinz; 07-25-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Tigerman23's Arena

Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits 6 Post-release Thread

I also noticed a drop in graphic quality from last year. I've got the PS2 version as well, and wish it went online. Tony Blanco, cleanup hitter on Chunichi hits a no-doubter 50%+ of the time for me. I'm anxious to figure out how to save during Pennant Race and get a good season underway.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

First of all I'm glad I finally made the plunge and bought this game, everything I expected.

Since I'm a novice to the series I have a few q's
1. Is there a edit player section
2. Is there an option to move players up or down so I can play with in exibition mode
3. Can I play WBC in another stadium or is there only one.

That's it for now this game is great, online is hella fun, even though I'm horrible, but when you win your first game like I did yesterday it makes it even more the sweeter.

I would love to play with you guys online my psn name is Showtime7teen
Old 07-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah, there is an edit mode.....

When you click Pro Yakyuu SPirits 6 instead of World baseball classic you will be presented with the following menu options

1- Tutorial
2- Exhibition
3- Online
4- Stardom
5- Pennant
6- Spirits
7- Training
8- Homerun Derby
9- Virtual Point shop
9- Utility/Options

Made a mistake....edit mode is Spirits not Stardom

Create a Player is Spirits mode.......and its quite long. Its like MLB power Pro success mode....you can't just pick and choose like American baseball games.

Last edited by skinz; 07-29-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey thanks for the Menu translations!
Has anyone tried Manager mode yet? If possible could you help translate some of the options. I figured out most of the "Tactics" through trial and error (Steal, Bunt, Hit n Run..etc). Can't figure out what to do in the "Batter" or "Pitcher" section. Also between innings a menu pops up with 4-5 choices. Not sure what that does. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Can you play Manager Mode online?

I would like to manage head-to-head against other online pleayers who are not "stick-proficient".

Also, while playing in Pennant mode, can you play a game online against another person? For example, If I am managing Tokyo in my pennant mode season, and have a game against Chunichi, can I play THAT scheduled game online and have my opponent manage the Chunichi team?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Sorry, I have the PS2 version so no online for me.......I'll translate some more info later.....Oh I solved the walk issue.....I raised the difficulty level and it solved the problem.

Tip: Don't play anything lower than Hard
Old 07-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for helping out! Looking forward to it.

Yeah I'm getting about 2 walks a game on Hard difficulty & medium pitch speed. Any higher and I get owned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »