Home

madden on ps2 > madden next gen

This is a discussion on madden on ps2 > madden next gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
madden on ps2 > madden next gen

I have a backwards compatible ps3 so I just picked (rented) up madden for the ps2. The game play is FAR superior then the next gen. Blocking AI and logic is SOOO much better than on the PS3. And a huge bonus, there are so many more options on the ps2 version such as IN GAME saves, playmaker, and also there are many many more alt uniforms just to name a few. The Saints alone had 6 Alt uniforms on top of the regular uniforms. Also, if you don't like the cut scenes...there are none in ps2 version. The animations are much much smoother, they react better, it just looks better, can't put my finger on it.

It seems a lot of the issues in the PS3 version aren't in PS2 version such as wide open flats all the time, qurky animations, etc., messed up blocking ai, running animations are better, etc. Anyways, in my opinion if you want superior gameplay (afterall isn't that what football all about?) pick up the last gen version of Madden.
Madden is still king....(on ps2!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: madden on ps2 > madden next gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I have a backwards compatible ps3 so I just picked (rented) up madden for the ps2. The game play is FAR superior then the next gen. Blocking AI and logic is SOOO much better than on the PS3. And a huge bonus, there are so many more options on the ps2 version such as IN GAME saves, playmaker, and also there are many many more alt uniforms just to name a few. The Saints alone had 6 Alt uniforms on top of the regular uniforms. Also, if you don't like the cut scenes...there are none in ps2 version. The animations are much much smoother, they react better, it just looks better, can't put my finger on it.

It seems a lot of the issues in the PS3 version aren't in PS2 version such as wide open flats all the time, qurky animations, etc., messed up blocking ai, running animations are better, etc. Anyways, in my opinion if you want superior gameplay (afterall isn't that what football all about?) pick up the last gen version of Madden.
Absolutely ridiculous, I guess I got the only good version of Madden next gen, because mine is playing an EXCELLENT game of football.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 16

Yet another yearly thread of madden ps2 is better then next gen

Is comical

Last gen madden was a juke and spin arcade game

Money plays that work all game long and no adaptive a.I to react to it

This madden 10 is a millon times better then last gen madden by a long shot
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

Before this year I would agree with you, I played madden 09 on PS2 despite owning the Collectors Edition on 360 because it really was MUCH better. But saying the PS2 version is better than nextgen Madden 10 is ridiculous to me and leads me to believe you haven't really played it. Yes it has plenty problems but I think 10 is definitely the best football game since 2k5.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
Yet another yearly thread of madden ps2 is better then next gen

Is comical

Last gen madden was a juke and spin arcade game

Money plays that work all game long and no adaptive a.I to react to it

This madden 10 is a millon times better then last gen madden by a long shot
I personally cannot agree with that statement whatsoever. Last-gen Maddens were better than Madden 06, Madden 07, Madden 08, and Madden 09 on the next-gen/current-gen consoles. Madden 10 on the Xbox 360 has solid game play and I think it is better than the last-gen version of Madden 10, but it is crazy to call those games arcade and not the previous iterations on the Xbox 360/PS3. Madden 2005 is one of my all-time favorite Maddens and I think that Madden 10 has recaptured my joy, but lets not kid ourselves.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 08-20-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

I can't live without all the new players ratings. ALL players just FEEL the same to me.

All good QBs are THE SAME. All good RBS are THE SAME.

I can't get over that.

There are a lot of good things I miss, it is more reliable, there are less bugs etc.

BUT Madden 10 is a better game IMO, haven't played 10 PS2 but doubt that much changed.

It will especially be a better game by the second patch.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

nfl 2k5> over madden period
Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38

totally totally totally disagree..M10 on 360/ps3 is superior to anything the dated ps2 hardware is pushing out.

personally..i cant stand the ugly graphics from last gen neither, its HD for me or its nothing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »