Home

*** Survivor: Samoa (Season 19) ***

This is a discussion on *** Survivor: Samoa (Season 19) *** within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
*** Survivor: Samoa (Season 19) ***

The show starts September 17th and here's the cast:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

They've upped the eye candy this season. The promos that have aired during Big Brother say this season has one of the biggest villains in Survivor history. Based on the bio and pre-game interview, it looks like it will be Russell H. He said he controls his family and friends back home.

I'm rooting for Ashley, Marisa, Natalie, John, and Jaison. I'll predict John as the winner. Probst didn't want to comment on how great or not great this season will be because he said last season was really good while most viewers thought it was an average season.

Season 19 and 20 were shot back to back to save money. The rumbling is that Season 20 is a good guys vs. bad guys type of gimmick (all are returning players). Court documents showed the producers tried to get Richard Hatch on the show but they weren't able to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: *** Survivor: Samoa (Season 19) ***

One contesant is 62 years old. Any idea what age the oldest player ever was on the show?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Probably Rudy from Season 1 and the All-star Season, he was in his 70s
Old 09-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

So you say season 20 is a good guys vs bad guys season with returning players so I assume its basically the all-stars edition with a slight tweak? I wouldnt mind seeing a few guys return from past seasons but Im happy Hatch isnt one of them. I do find it interesting that they would even persue Hatch after all the slanderous claims he made against the show, the producers and nearly anyone affiliated with the show.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
So you say season 20 is a good guys vs bad guys season with returning players so I assume its basically the all-stars edition with a slight tweak? I wouldnt mind seeing a few guys return from past seasons but Im happy Hatch isnt one of them. I do find it interesting that they would even persue Hatch after all the slanderous claims he made against the show, the producers and nearly anyone affiliated with the show.
Yeah it's basically all-stars with a twist. I thought it would be neat to have all 20 winners on the show but that's not possible.

Here's a blurb on the potential cast:

"If casting rumors are correct, this will be the first time that some contestants are able to play the game for a third time. Among the possible “threepeats” are Jon Dalton (AKA “Johnny Fairplay”), who is best known for lying about the death of his grandmother while competing on Survivor: Pearl Islands and later being the first voted off of Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites, and Stephenie Lagrossa, the last remaining member of her Ulong Tribe on Survivor: Palau and the runner-up of Survivor: Guatemala.

Past contestant Coby Archa claims that at least 35 former contestants were contacted about possibly appearing on the show, and were interviewed in Los Angeles at the beginning of the month. Of those 35, apparently 10 had already appeared on the show twice.

Archa has also revealed that Natalie Bolton (Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites), Ace Gordon (Survivor: Gabon), Shane Powers (Survivor: Exile Island), Amanda Kimmel (Survivor: China/Fans vs. Favorites), and Parvati Shallow (Survivor: Cook Islands/Fans vs. Favorites) were also asked to participate.

Host Jeff Probst had previously revealed in his Entertainment Weekly blog that if there was ever another All-Stars season, Survivor: Tocantins contestants Benjamin “Coach” Wade and Tyson Apostol would be shoo-ins. Thus, it is likely that at least one of them, probably Coach, will be appearing on the show. Probst also expressed his interest in seeing Survivor: Tocantins winner and fan favorite J.T. Thomas Jr. return."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

Survivor continues to be one of my most anticipated shows. Can't wait for season 19. Season 20 sounds kind of lame but whatever I'll still watch it.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Sounds good to me, Im a sucker for this show and Amazing Race. Im kinda surprised I dont see Ruperts name in there as he was extremely popular and has been on Survivor twice already. Not all that interested in seeing Fairplay again unless hes going to go back to being the lying snake in the grass he was in his first go around and not the crying ball of crap we saw in his second stint. I wouldnt mind seeing James either, the grave digger, as he was entertaining and watching him and Coach clash could provide for some really classic television. I trust that they know what theyre doing as I havent been let down yet.

EDIT- Ethan probably couldnt come back could he? I know he had cancer so it probably wouldnt be the wisest choice to put your body through that all over again but he was another guy I really liked.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

Rupert wasn't nearly as popular the second time around. Mainly cuz he was an overbearing moron who couldn't do anything right. He was a pretty big douche the first time around too but I think people felt sorry for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »