Home

The Polls have got to go!

This is a discussion on The Polls have got to go! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
The Polls have got to go!

Playing as Oregon in my dynasty. I tied with SC but they won the head to head so they get the automatic birth to the Rose Bowl. I ended up 6th in EVERY poll and somehow ended up in the friggen Holiday Bowl.
Who took my at-large spot?
Western Kentucky...1* prestige...11-1..best win over 8-4 ULL..lost in their last game and only dropped 4 spots (in real life if a BCS buster loses, they are DONE!, b/c of their cupcake conference schedule)
Somehow they managed to stay 12th in the BCS..is this coded in if a non-BCS team finishes so high that they get the birth? If so, it is faulty. Hawaii was top 10 for 2 weeks during Bowl Projections and they were never projected as an at-large and they were ranked higher than WKU (who was always projected as the at-large)

PLEASE EA..re-program the polls, they are horrendously bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Polls have got to go!

The poll system in this game is horrendous. I played my dynasty with Akron and I was pre-season #1 and didn't lose any games, week 11 or so, Texas jumps me into the #1 spot despite me playing five top ten teams and the Big Ten schedule.

Stupid.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

it is awful, but idk if its a fluke, but through 4 weeks in my second year, the polls look much better than my first year. but i was so mad my first year at how i got screwed.
******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">******** src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript">
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

was there another pac team in the bcs other than usc? currently, no more than 2 teams from the same conf. are allowed a bcs spot.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Its like since the Bosie St. thing a few years back EA thinks any non-BCS school that wins 11 games should be playing in a BCS bowl and ranked #1. In last years game I had SMU Vs. WKU for a national championship game becuase both schools got all the transfers. Sometimes I don't think the EA guy have a clue about football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy4theherd
was there another pac team in the bcs other than usc? currently, no more than 2 teams from the same conf. are allowed a bcs spot.
No, Cal was an at-large and I was the rose Bowl rep projected last game of the season and SC was left out (3 way tie for the pac-10..I beat cal who beat SC who beat oregon[me])..but Cal tripped up vs. Stanford....so in the end, only 1 Pac-10 team got into the BCS
Old 09-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Its like since the Bosie St. thing a few years back EA thinks any non-BCS school that wins 11 games should be playing in a BCS bowl and ranked #1. In last years game I had SMU Vs. WKU for a national championship game becuase both schools got all the transfers. Sometimes I don't think the EA guy have a clue about football.
Transfers are another thing that need to be slowed down..most of the time, high profile players don't transfer but if they do they'll go to another big school.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah, Utah made a BCS game at number 14 with 2 losses to non ranked teams in my OD while the guy playing as UNC had 2 losses to top ten teams (ACC championship and to me when I was ranked like 8) and was ranked 7th and did not make a BCS bowl. Clemson made the NCG while no other ACC team made a BCS game.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »