Home

NHL10 Gripes/Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on NHL10 Gripes/Bugs/Glitches Thread within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
NHL10 Gripes/Bugs/Glitches Thread

Hey I wanna start my first relevant thread! Help me out here! Let's keep it constructive though, no console or developer wars or EA/2K flame fests. I'm just gonna list one off the top of my head:

CPU is too timid, it doesn't want to take shots when it is wide open in the high scoring areas, and it always trys to get the puck to the point for a shot. This results in low amount of shots taken and VERY boring games so far. Also I notice in my BAP the CPU players strategy is constantly to skate down the wing, hang out in the corner, and and get the shot to the point.

Also, has anyone noticed the problem when the CPU wins the faceoff, the puck goes behind their net and their D misses it and the offensive team always gets possession?

Once again please keep it constructive, if we get some good stuff in here I bet they'll be able to fix it all in one patch. I have faith!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NHL10 Gripes/Bugs/Glitches Thread

What level are you playing on? Are you only talking about BAP or regular games? Rookie and Pro are very timid. It's not nessecarly a glitch as it may be designed that way. idk
Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper II
What level are you playing on? Are you only talking about BAP or regular games? Rookie and Pro are very timid. It's not nessecarly a glitch as it may be designed that way. idk
I've played a handful of games probably half pro/half all star, using similiar sliders that I used for 09. This would be kind of dissappointing, since even in PRO the comp would give me a good game last year with these sliders... one thing I've noticed is game speed 0 or 1 makes the game a little TOO slow..
Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm not 100% percent sure this is wrong, but I haven't seen it in real life. I was cut down on a breakaway and a delayed penalty was called. I maintained possession for a little while and I even managed a few shots. Then once the whistle was finally blown I was given a penalty shot. I could be wrong, but I thought that penalty shots were called immediately. Can anybody clarify this for me?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Not sure about that one van.
I think whenever any type of penalty is called the penalized team has to gain possession of the puck.
You wont see it much in an actual NHL game because on a breakaway the puck always seems to end up on the stick of the penalized team, either the goalie or the player committing the penalty, since the player who was taken down is usually crumpled in the net or in the corner someplace.
I too could be wrong on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 24

My only weird moment was my last game, Whitney for CAR had a breakaway (kinda) on my goalie in overtime, got to the circles, and passed it back to a guy on the point. It wasn't a big deal, and didn't always happen (gave up 30 shots), but was strange.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 38

only one I have so far is my player gets stuck in the offensive zone corner so when I start my attack again im offsides also saw this in the demo
Old 09-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I hauled a CPU player down and drew a penalty shot, but in addition they also gave me a 2 minute penalty as well. I don't think there was any additional call (and the game log only showed the single trip).

I deserved the penalty shot, but there should not be a 2 minute call in addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »