Home

OBG's All Star Sliders (Tweaked version of Flyermanias)

This is a discussion on OBG's All Star Sliders (Tweaked version of Flyermanias) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
OBG's All Star Sliders (Tweaked version of Flyermanias)

First of all, switch your strategies to Overload or Crash the Net as Behind the Net seems to be absolute garbage...and do it in the coaches strategies NOT in-game because they won't save.

Second of all, I'd like to thank Flyer for his slider set which I used as a base for my own tweaking...

Here they are...there is a description for why I made some the changes that I did...especially some of the changes to the goaltenders.

I use All-Star at this point, but these should work well on any skill level.

All-Star
11 Minute Periods...just didnt want to go with 12's and 11 works out just as nicely to me.
Penalties - maxed
Penalty scaling - 2 or three clicks from the right!!! Flyer had his set to zero or something...I need some actual time on the PP and the PK so I get realistic results and opportunity on both.
Fighting - 3 clicks

(First number is human slider, second number is CPU)

Basic
Tuner - v1.01 (or whatever most recent version is)
CPU Aid - Hardcore
Game Speed - 2 clicks
Attribute Effects - Maxed
Fatigue Effect - 4/5
On both 6 and 5 I've found that my players tire too quickly whereas on 4, they get tired and I'm still forced to use all four lines. However, tweak to your own desired effect...but I like it this way.
Fatigue Recovery - 2/2
Injury Occurrence - 3/3
Puck Control - 0/0
Player Acceleration - 1/1**

AI
AI Learning -Maxed...does a better job of simulating a real human team opponent on the ice.
CPU Difficulty - 0**--decreases moments of helplessness against CPU cycling.
CPU Faceoff Difficulty -Maxed...I don't know about you guys, but with this set at 3 I win like 75% of the draws.
Fight Difficulty - 4
CPU Penalities - Maxed
CPU Teammate Penalties - maxed

Passing
Pass Assist - 4...still seeing plenty of missed passes on my side. Player attributes REALLY matter when it comes to making passes.
Manual Passing - off
Pass Speed - 2
Saucer Pass Speed - 2
Pass Accuracy - 2/0
Pass Interception - 6/6

Shooting
Shot Accuracy - 3/3
Shot Power - 4/3**
Slap Shot Accuracy - 3/3
Slap Shot Power - 3/3**
One Timer Accuracy - 3/3

Checking
Hit Difficulty - maxed
Aggression - 6/6
Hit Power - 1/1
Stick Lift Efficiency - 3/3
Poke Effectiveness - 6/6

Goalies
Goalie Pasing - 0
Goalie Cover Puck Frequency - maxed
Goalie Screen Effectiveness - 4/4
Goalie Reaction Speed - 5/1**I've been giving up a reasonable amount of goals, plus I was blown out by San Jose 10-2 in one game so...yeah, the CPU scores, but moreso on opportunities where they deserved to score. Not so many softies although they still happen as they SHOULD though.

...There, to me, is a big disparity in on all-star in the reaction level of the HUM goaltender and the CPU goaltender. Many times, the CPU will make a play and my goaltender will be laughably way behind on the reading of the play...as the CPU scores a goal that I would never be able score against it. Frustrating.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 09-23-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: OBG's All Star Sliders (Tweaked version of Flyermanias)

These look pretty good...I agree with you about the human goaltending being absolute garbage on All-Star. In my last game Lundqvist let in a wrist shot from beyond the blue line, no deflections or anything. It's just ridiculous.

Also, am I the only one who finds the CPU hits way harder and stick checks (specifically poke) WAY more effectively than human, no matter what the setting is??
Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge
These look pretty good...I agree with you about the human goaltending being absolute garbage on All-Star. In my last game Lundqvist let in a wrist shot from beyond the blue line, no deflections or anything. It's just ridiculous.

Also, am I the only one who finds the CPU hits way harder and stick checks (specifically poke) WAY more effectively than human, no matter what the setting is??
Phew! Thought I was the only one experiencing these things on All Star! Especially letting in weak shots from the blue line. I know those shots sometimes make it in the real NHL, but the amount I've seen is very unrealistic.

And they seem to be able to check my player to ice with no problem at all, but all I can do is just "bump" them. And the stick checking is way too successful for the CPU.

As for these sliders, they are a good start, but my team is constantly outshooting the other team by about 15 shots. Plus, the scoring is really low. Any suggestions to even out the shots and increase scoring?

Last edited by Steven547; 09-20-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:46 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 38

Im doing pretty good with FM but I will these a shot and some feedback Sunday thanks
Old 09-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
Rookie

BXBRUINS's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Bronx born & raised! Now residing in the great State of South Carolina

Using Flyers. I will give these a try. Quick question? What are most people using sliders for? Be a pro, dynasty? I was using Flyers sliders for be a pro and was getting good results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Rookie

BXBRUINS's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Bronx born & raised! Now residing in the great State of South Carolina

Just played Be a pro with these sliders. Islanders vs Senators. Yea I know drafted by the Isles what can I do? Game felt good overall. Final score 6-5 Islanders. 2 late goals for the Senators I think was a result of poor defense by the Islanders. Gonna play a few more games but so far I liked it.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I am trying these currently in my Thrashers GM, losing 2-0 in 2nd. Everything feels good, cannot make a shot go in. They have 14 shots to my 11. Faceoffs, how do you do them? I cannot win any? how you do it?
Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I am trying these currently in my Thrashers GM, losing 2-0 in 2nd. Everything feels good, cannot make a shot go in. They have 14 shots to my 11. Faceoffs, how do you do them? I cannot win any? how you do it?
Keep the pass trigger pulled...then about the time the PUCK HITS THE ICE, pull the right stick back in the direction you want to win the draw in.

As for scoring...make sure you are playing with OVERLOAD...its best for cycling. Cycle the puck and just practice practice...if all else fails...move the puck to the point and look for screens to shoot through.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »