Home

Joe Thornton - Lousy Ventriloquist (Funny stuff)

This is a discussion on Joe Thornton - Lousy Ventriloquist (Funny stuff) within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Joe Thornton - Lousy Ventriloquist (Funny stuff)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Joe Thornton - Lousy Ventriloquist (Funny stuff)

Yeah I love that one. He looks crazy, but he pulls if off real well. I am hoping for a very big year for #19, especially with #15 there. Should be fun to watch those 2 and #16 with that mix. That has to be one of the best lines in the NHL. But we shall see what they do when it matters.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

dl2518's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yeah I love that one. He looks crazy, but he pulls if off real well. I am hoping for a very big year for #19, especially with #15 there. Should be fun to watch those 2 and #16 with that mix. That has to be one of the best lines in the NHL. But we shall see what they do when it matters.
So when do the Sharks plan on announcing their captain! It has to be JT, right?
Old 09-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Thornton is a guy who has a good chance to make it into the Hall Of Fame yet his career will be viewed as a disappointment by many unless he wins a Stanley Cup.

He doesn't take over games in the playoffs like other Superstars and people wonder with his size and skill, how come he doesn't score more goals. His stock around the NHL has dipped to the point where he's no longer a lock for the Olympic team.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
Thornton is a guy who has a good chance to make it into the Hall Of Fame yet his career will be viewed as a disappointment by many unless he wins a Stanley Cup.

He doesn't take over games in the playoffs like other Superstars and people wonder with his size and skill, how come he doesn't score more goals. His stock around the NHL has dipped to the point where he's no longer a lock for the Olympic team.
Because its hard to score goals when you're camped out behind the net, rather than crashing the net like a player of his size and skill should be doing. He's a talented player just doesn't use his skills as well as he should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Because its hard to score goals when you're camped out behind the net, rather than crashing the net like a player of his size and skill should be doing. He's a talented player just doesn't use his skills as well as he should.
That is true, but his best talent is passing the puck. No one does it better not even Sid. Call me a Homer all you want, but even if I was a Pens fan I would say the same thing. When he was on Boston I said the same thing about his passsing ability. He is amazing how he can get it on the tape, just ask Cheechoo. I have a feeling with Heater and Set on his line. He might end with a 100 to 120 assist this year. That is if he and Heater Jel!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
That is true, but his best talent is passing the puck. No one does it better not even Sid. Call me a Homer all you want, but even if I was a Pens fan I would say the same thing. When he was on Boston I said the same thing about his passsing ability. He is amazing how he can get it on the tape, just ask Cheechoo. I have a feeling with Heater and Set on his line. He might end with a 100 to 120 assist this year. That is if he and Heater Jel!
You're a homer.

Sid and Savard are definitely just as good, if not better at setting people up. I'll even throw Henrik Sedin out there, if he'd set up anyone else nearly as well as he sets up his brother.

Big Joe is very good, but everytime I get to watch him play, it's like he just proves the Bruins right.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgudely
You're a homer.

Sid and Savard are definitely just as good, if not better at setting people up. I'll even throw Henrik Sedin out there, if he'd set up anyone else nearly as well as he sets up his brother.

Big Joe is very good, but everytime I get to watch him play, it's like he just proves the Bruins right.
Tonight was going to be a tough game. Being Joe night. The team played great, so you have to tip your hat to Col. I like Marleau lines and Joe and Heat will get it going. And Joe is the best passer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »