Home

In 3 attempts I can't beat a cheeser

This is a discussion on In 3 attempts I can't beat a cheeser within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
In 3 attempts I can't beat a cheeser

I don't play much online (ranked 3-2, unranked 0-1) so I don't know how to stop the quick passes and throws to the flats. How do I stop it? Also, any tips on no huddle defense?

I'm not that great, usually only play head to head, but my roommates don't play Madden, so unfortunately I have to take it to the online arena.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: In 3 attempts I can't beat a cheeser

I've played online 4 times and lost 3 times this year. 2 of the 3 losses were dudes doing nothing but screen passes. It was ****ing stupid. I basically refuse to play online.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

I've not played online as of yet... but, with 3days w/M10 I find the D playbook formations wanting... this could be the reason folks can't find ways to stop cheese.... IMO....

I have my sliders mainly even (cpu vs. human).... but no matter how I try at times... multi D formations.. but I can't stop the cpu...?!?!?

PS... However, this could be b/c I'm using the rams....

Old 09-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by likesbacon
I don't play much online (ranked 3-2, unranked 0-1) so I don't know how to stop the quick passes and throws to the flats. How do I stop it? Also, any tips on no huddle defense?

I'm not that great, usually only play head to head, but my roommates don't play Madden, so unfortunately I have to take it to the online arena.

dude, quick passes arent cheesing. i am not sure what you mean by passes to flats/ I get intercepted on thos if i dont see a guy wide open. actually ,quick passes are as straight as it gets. i have to work my *** off to get down field with runs and short passes while every cheeser idiot seems to score in 3 to 6 plays erasing all my hard work.

i'm fullback29

on the ps3
Old 09-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Control the mlb. It has help me beat two lvl 18 players (what ever the lvls mean anyway but they had at lease 70 wins and single digit losses. Also stick with one team(learn your personel's strenghts and weaknesses, learn the playbook, know what plays that can get u big gains,etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmonsta
Control the mlb. It has help me beat two lvl 18 players (what ever the lvls mean anyway but they had at lease 70 wins and single digit losses. Also stick with one team(learn your personel's strenghts and weaknesses, learn the playbook, know what plays that can get u big gains,etc)
You said to control the MLB, but what's your strategy versus different looks when using him?

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 09-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
I've not played online as of yet... but, with 3days w/M10 I find the D playbook formations wanting... this could be the reason folks can't find ways to stop cheese.... IMO....

I have my sliders mainly even (cpu vs. human).... but no matter how I try at times... multi D formations.. but I can't stop the cpu...?!?!?

PS... However, this could be b/c I'm using the rams....
Yea, the D playbooks are more Vanilla than the ice cream. They haven't changed in over a decade.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
dude, quick passes arent cheesing. i am not sure what you mean by passes to flats/ I get intercepted on thos if i dont see a guy wide open. actually ,quick passes are as straight as it gets. i have to work my *** off to get down field with runs and short passes while every cheeser idiot seems to score in 3 to 6 plays erasing all my hard work.

i'm fullback29

on the ps3
In a 3 or 4 wide set they may quick pass to the slot, or throw to the running back(s) going to the flat almost immediately. I could understand this every now and then, but its the only thing they run. They'll just go no huddle and run it up and down the field. I found DE contain to be effective to stop the flat passes, but you can't run it every play cause he'll just audible run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »