Home

Defense in NCAA 10 And why it is TERRIBLE

This is a discussion on Defense in NCAA 10 And why it is TERRIBLE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Defense in NCAA 10 And why it is TERRIBLE

First off this game is awful in every game play mechanic. Simple as that. Running is unrelistic, blocking is hoping that they ****ing block the person in front of you instead of running 50 feet to the side and blocking a cornerback, passing is a joke, mobile qb's are a joke, running backs and te's running routes is a joke, and it is impossible to get a good D going without playing cheesy against a person who knows what the **** there doing.

My primary reason for making this is defense. Its impossible to stop anyone in this game. Has anyone watched Florida or Alabama lately? Or even the Texas OU game. THEY ACTUALLY PLAY DEFENSE! There WR's dont beat the corner everysingle time with a slant route or a curl.. There TE's/RB's dont destroy LB's everysingle time with the pass. And the one thing that defense has an advantage over the offense (the d-line) is also stupid. The d-line shouldnt be able to shut down most running plays with a stupid move that is totally unrealistic. And when you dont personally play the d-line you get very little pass pressure.... Basically man is useless in this game as EA made it impossible to not lose as the CB with a slant route or any Cut route. HOWEVER they made it useless to throw a fade or any long pass.... GOOD JOB

So man coverage is useless most of the time... How about zone?? Well zone is pretty much garbage as well. The AI doesnt react to players what so ever. They just stay in the same spot the whole entire play untill the ball is thrown. I am tired of having a curl route and the ****ing LB stays in the same spot the WHOLE ENTIRE PLAY and the qb can just pass it to him for a gain every single time. EA you know that zone coverage ADAPTS to where the offense moves they dont just stay in the same spot the whole entire play.

And general defense common sense. If i drop into a dime i expect to be able to shut down a passing play atleast 80% of the time. Yet however they still can pass through a dime 50% of the time. I also expect when i drop 9 people in coverage that they WILL NOT pass against me. However theres this one person who's always open. And also EA i love how when the wr's havnt been open for about 10 seconds and then they magically cut WIDE OPEN and the Robo QB ( or live qb) instantly throws it to him. And im not even gonna start with mobile qb's and how ******** there throwing mechanics are. HAI I CAN ROLL OUT 20 FEET THROW ACROSS MY BODY 40 YARDS AND MAKE A PERFECT PASS THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE ZONE. And EA D-ENDS are not faster then LB's and TE's. Theres a reason they are 250 pounds.... Also run commit is ****ing stupid and shows how bad your developers are and need to watch a football game once every year.

TLR Defense in this game is ******** every defensive player gets beat by wr's AND rb's te's by a slant route and every cut route no matter how talented the corner is. Zone coverage is stupid as the players in the D dont react to movement and that the only good D is quarters is a joke. And that you can have a 99 rated CB and you can get beat by a 80 WR every single time. There is no such thing as a shut down corner in this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Defense in NCAA 10 And why it is TERRIBLE

Sounds not like you're not that good at this game. Man coverage works perfect for me. I usually get 2 INTs per game... have you ever tried user catching on the defense? That helps knock down a lot of balls/get INTs.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

Are you playing NCAA 10 or 09? Because 09 was the score at will game. My friends and I have been doing tournaments since 09 came out and on 09, scores would be like in the 70s for each team every game. But on 10 we've had lower scores and somewhat more realistic.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah. You must still be playing 09. Man coverage works fine on the game. Zones are a little off, but man works just fine. Or sorry that you're just horrible at 10, but I don't play cheesy defense at all and I can still shut down opposing players.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Sounds not like you're not that good at this game. Man coverage works perfect for me. I usually get 2 INTs per game... have you ever tried user catching on the defense? That helps knock down a lot of balls/get INTs.
user catching doesnt help your cb's getting beat by slants every single time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

man coverage is not good on this game either....espeically when you want to bump the receivers
Old 10-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I am praying they do away with "wide open gameplay" for next year and go back to more balance like, at least I felt, the ps2/xbox versions had (06, 07, etc). If they don't I won't be buying NCAA 10. Heck, even 08 on the 360 the defense actually showed up for games.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Defense is definitely better than in 10' than in 2009, and it's not even close. They need to take out run commit and fix zones and probably tweak man, but at least this years game was an upgrade in that area.

I played over 100 online games last year and this year. This year I am allowing 14.8 pgg, compared to last year when i allowed 21.2 per game. I didn't get any better at this years version than i was at last years, I think it's more of an indication of how defense has been improved. I also like gameplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I am praying they do away with "wide open gameplay" for next year and go back to more balance like, at least I felt, the ps2/xbox versions had (06, 07, etc). If they don't I won't be buying NCAA 10. Heck, even 08 on the 360 the defense actually showed up for games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »