Home

Anybody ever have a Suh in this game?

This is a discussion on Anybody ever have a Suh in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Anybody ever have a Suh in this game?

And no Im not talking about the actual Ndamnakong. If you played as Nebraska then you had him on your team for a year (and saw what a terrible job EA did at evaluating him and making him a difference maker)

Have you at any time (especially post patch-- where all my defensive players seem the same no matter what their ratings) had a player that just dominates like Suh did? I guess im wondering if its just me. But do all your players, especially lineman, blur together, and not stand out? I can have two 95+ overall CBs with great speed and it doesnt let me shut down teams passing like you might think. Lines of all high 90's plus overall seem the same as lines with some 81 overall guy in there.

Thats one thing I liked better about 09'. Star players actually seemed to stand out both on Offense and Defense. I could actually remember exceptional players. That doesnt seem to be the case this year. Anyone else's thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Anybody ever have a Suh in this game?

Yes... yes I did. Two different players, different times. A DT named Kevin Keyes that was a 91 ovr as a true freshman. He was sooo good, just dominated for 4 straight years. Also a DE named Luke Lester that dominated every tackle he faced. He only played his Jr. and Sr. years but he was the best DE I have ever had. Had 28 career sacks in 2 years, man was blood thirsty.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Ndamukong*

Old 12-15-2009, 02:33 AM   #4
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

On the PS2 my LE always dominates. I get tons of sacks with the LE every year.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Harris54's Arena

OVR: 1

I've had one guy on NCAA10 who absolutely dominated. Every year when I get an NCAA game, I like to play as a crappy team and build them up to a national powerhouse. So I started playing as Middle Tennessee State, and I recruited a defensive end who was only a two star. Somehow he ends up starting his freshmen year, and he just goes absolutely nuts. That year he broke the single season sack record, with something like 28 that year. He stayed all four years, usually racking up around 50 tackles and 20 sacks. He ended up with 88 sacks in his college career, despite never being ranked very high or becoming an impact player. Yeah, it was all me controlling him that made him that good, but I've never had one season like that with a defensive lineman, let alone four.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
And no Im not talking about the actual Ndamnakong. If you played as Nebraska then you had him on your team for a year (and saw what a terrible job EA did at evaluating him and making him a difference maker)

Have you at any time (especially post patch-- where all my defensive players seem the same no matter what their ratings) had a player that just dominates like Suh did? I guess im wondering if its just me. But do all your players, especially lineman, blur together, and not stand out? I can have two 95+ overall CBs with great speed and it doesnt let me shut down teams passing like you might think. Lines of all high 90's plus overall seem the same as lines with some 81 overall guy in there.

Thats one thing I liked better about 09'. Star players actually seemed to stand out both on Offense and Defense. I could actually remember exceptional players. That doesnt seem to be the case this year. Anyone else's thoughts?
In my opinion you only had players dominate in 09 due to speed. So yes more might have stood out but i feel its was kinda cheap. As for 2010, i feel at CB you notice it most on D. The LBs to me don't vary enough and the DL is more hit and miss.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 34

I had 5 sacks in a game with Notre Dame's Ethan Johnson in a dynasty mode game...but this is with modified sliders of course, and it was against Central Michigan.

Kapron Lewis Moore is a 5th year senior for me and he has 35 career sacks.

We need to be careful with EA and this Suh thing, because this is how these fools think.

EA Developer #1: "Wow, see that Suh guy? He was awesome, we need to make that a part of the game."

EA Developer #2: "Yeah, that would be cool. I know what we can do! We'll introduce the 'rip stick'...we'll allow users to blow up the line of scrimmage like never before, by letting them use the right stick to blow up offensive linemen!"

EA Developer #1: "I love it!"

Then we'll see this pitched in NCAA '11, and we'll see 68 overall D-Tackles, blasting through 90's rated offensive linemen, like they were wet paper bags.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

I've got a DE by the name of Jason Curtis who started as a true freshman All-American. He's a junior now and had 3 sacks in the first half of the first game this year then gets injured for the rest of the year. He's going to have an unbelievable year. This is with Purdue and playing against #14 Notre Dame in our 4th or 5th year of an online dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »