Home

stopping VY and AR

This is a discussion on stopping VY and AR within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
Rookie

tru2dagame's Arena

OVR: 2
stopping VY and AR

hate it online when i play vs vince young or aaron rodgers basically just run around the pocket til all of the all madden recievers comes back wide open!! i try qb contain but then they just audible and hit the middle. Wouldnt really call that cheese just annoying any idea what type of defense playbook to run when playing titans packers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: stopping VY and AR

I don't really play online, but I play with the Packers (I am actually a Packer fan), and I do when I get pressured run around with Rodgers, but not every play.

The one thing I find that kills me most is the CB blitz. If my pocket collapses rather quickly, I can't go outside without getting killed by a CB, and that leads to a big sack or a fumble.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 12-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd maybe try spy one of your DE or your MLB and throw a CB blitz in there every now and then. Then change it up and spy an OLB and blitz the opposite CB. Might not work but worth a try.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Well I've got some tips for stopping VY, but A-Rodge? It simply can't be done.

Super Bowl Champs bayyyyyyy-bayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

#GoPackGo
Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

AlphaTrojan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
I don't really play online, but I play with the Packers (I am actually a Packer fan), and I do when I get pressured run around with Rodgers, but not every play.

The one thing I find that kills me most is the CB blitz. If my pocket collapses rather quickly, I can't go outside without getting killed by a CB, and that leads to a big sack or a fumble.
Yeah CB blitzes with a QB spy are pretty effective. Off topic- I can't believe you live in Wisconsin but like the Cubs.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 55

mix it up... make VY throw downfield.. he sucks at it.

AR is different... going to have to confuse the user with good plays. Don't be afraid to put a DB in a hook zone into a Qb spy instead.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
Rookie

tru2dagame's Arena

OVR: 2

CB worked for a while til he went with 2 wr and fb and hb blocking the outsides so cb was inaffective while he had little dumps for 5-6 yards and did a 10:32 drive which was annoying and he won off some hail mary with :04 left that was tipped twice before it somehow got into his hands
Old 12-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

for me i use 3-4 Defensive i blitz a lot
the secert is trick him mix up plays
i think in the dollar there a fire fox that works
then there that 4-3 slant tell ur defends line to block left and let ur lb shot from the right mix some cb blitz
and sometimes i pinch my line so if he going run outside my guys waiting for him this some of the stuff i do but i cant help u out cause u pro use diffrent play book and i dont know all the plays i use the name of them just know what they look like but this stop vice young for me all day

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »