Home

Old 01-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
ABL effects

I know that playing the ABL games has certain perks, such as getting a feel for your recruits' playing style, unlocking scouting information, extra recruiting points, etc.

My only question is: does playing ABL games also increase the recruits' interest in you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: ABL effects

I think so. I signed a 3* in my second year at Elon that didn't have me listed. I played with his team while he was a junior and liked the way he played so I made sure I called and emailed him every week. In year 2 I played a few games with his team and offered him as soon as I could and he signed with me. He came in as a 72ovr 6'9" PF that could step out and hit a 3 here and there. I don't think I would have got him if it had not been for the ABL.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I play the ABL games, It does help in recruiting and scouting HS freshmen and monitoring them their interest levels in your program is key.
If you can get their interest level into the 70-80% range the really go after them in their senior year is a big help.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

So do you have to actually play the games to get them more interested in you/ I just finished my season and I went to the ABL. I picked a bunch of games, but, I simulated them. It doesn't seem to even have shown up on the part where it says I scouted a game. Thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Yeah, does starting the games but simming to the end have the same effect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I play 2-3 min halfs in the ABL games. Thats is enough time for me to get up a few shots with a guy I like. I do sim some games after I play 1 game with all my targets. I have not seen much change. The only thing is the added points for playing the game witch helps when you are in a closed legacy since you have fewer points then the bigger schools.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
Rookie

tweadle's Arena

OVR: 6

At the beginning of every season I make a list of my top 5-10 recruits and what ABL team they play for. Then I go through the ABL schedule and only attend (though I simulate them) the games they are playing in. It has done wonders for my recruiting. I also make sure I attend my top couple of guys 3-4 times.

In the recruits scouting screen it actually has a spot for if you attended the players ABL games or not so it must have impact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »