Home

Abyone who says All Madden is too easy, Can you tell me how you stop the cpu passing?

This is a discussion on Abyone who says All Madden is too easy, Can you tell me how you stop the cpu passing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Abyone who says All Madden is too easy, Can you tell me how you stop the cpu passing?

hi, ive been playing on all madden for a little whil, but i just cannot seem to stop their passing game, it seems like they can go down the field at will. i can stop the run, but not the pass. Any tips?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Abyone who says All Madden is too easy, Can you tell me how you stop the cpu pass

play middle linebacker or safety...pick of the cpu 2-3 times a game.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Abyone who says All Madden is too easy, Can you tell me how you stop the cpu pass

All-Madden "cheats." I don't need to get into detail about this, but instead of the AI getting better at play calling or execution, it just makes your players dumber and it's players better than their attributes.

Despite this, the computer has a very hard time against zone coverage. One cheesy trick is to just call a base cover 3 out of the 3-4 every down and eventually the computer will throw picks, incompletions, and throws short of the 1st down. More complex, go into your profile and set up your audibles. Wait... make sure that you know that you can call "formation audible" by pressing "audible" and using the right thumbstick. [Up= man, down= blitz, left=cover 3, right= cover 2] Make sure you set a cover two or cover three zone out of a different formation for each audible on your list. make sure those audibles are different than the ones you team will call using the "formation audible." this way you have 4 plays to call from every formation, and then each differnet base audible along with 4 more in that formation. You should, as a result, have a ton of plays you can call at the line.

Now, when you call a play on offense, make it some silly play you don't care about. Call a lot of man blitzes. Then after the teams come out and set up, call an audible. Part of the problem with play calling against the computer is that you cannot really blitz the computer. unless you are able to manually apply pressure, the computer makes unrealistic blitz pickups. the best way to apply pressure is to user control a defensive lineman and drop 7 or 8 defenders into zone and let the computer "freak out" and make bad throws. you won't totally shut the computer down. Namely, you won't make it look like J. Russell, but you will make plays defensively in the long run.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATDAMNGOOD
play middle linebacker or safety...pick of the cpu 2-3 times a game.
thats exactly the problem is that EA equates interceptions (usually pick 6's too) with good defense... which accomplishes exactly the opposite of what it should... instead of it being difficult to score and accumulate yards because of good defense, the CPU passes all over you until you get a pick 6 and you wind up with higher scoring games and higher yardage totals and unrealistically high amounts of interceptions

and when the CPU decides its time to do a 2 minute drill its even harder to stop the CPU passing attack
Old 02-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
All-Madden "cheats." I don't need to get into detail about this, but instead of the AI getting better at play calling or execution, it just makes your players dumber and it's players better than their attributes.

Despite this, the computer has a very hard time against zone coverage. One cheesy trick is to just call a base cover 3 out of the 3-4 every down and eventually the computer will throw picks, incompletions, and throws short of the 1st down. More complex, go into your profile and set up your audibles. Wait... make sure that you know that you can call "formation audible" by pressing "audible" and using the right thumbstick. [Up= man, down= blitz, left=cover 3, right= cover 2] Make sure you set a cover two or cover three zone out of a different formation for each audible on your list. make sure those audibles are different than the ones you team will call using the "formation audible." this way you have 4 plays to call from every formation, and then each differnet base audible along with 4 more in that formation. You should, as a result, have a ton of plays you can call at the line.

Now, when you call a play on offense, make it some silly play you don't care about. Call a lot of man blitzes. Then after the teams come out and set up, call an audible. Part of the problem with play calling against the computer is that you cannot really blitz the computer. unless you are able to manually apply pressure, the computer makes unrealistic blitz pickups. the best way to apply pressure is to user control a defensive lineman and drop 7 or 8 defenders into zone and let the computer "freak out" and make bad throws. you won't totally shut the computer down. Namely, you won't make it look like J. Russell, but you will make plays defensively in the long run.
thankyou very much, i'll give this a shot sometime tonight. thankyou for taking the time to respond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

All Madden is easy to me too, try Man Blitzes like the above poster recommended

On Cover plays I pinch the line and select the Defensive End that on the right side of your screen...coverage audible him and blitz him...like 80% of the time the offensive lineman will back up and that leaves you a big hole to cut right off the line and angle in on the QB for the sack...I do this alot and it helps.

Also, if the QB throws a ball with too much air under it and it ends up being one of those plays where the defender waits for it...95% of the time I pick it off...I go for and get alot of user picks...try that all of that
Old 02-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

blitz blitz and blitz the comp QB will throw into triple coverage over and over again
Old 02-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #8
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Darrelle Revis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »