Home

A New Fab 5. The Story of Coach Dodge A 2K8 Close Legacy.

This is a discussion on A New Fab 5. The Story of Coach Dodge A 2K8 Close Legacy. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
A New Fab 5. The Story of Coach Dodge A 2K8 Close Legacy.

Okay so I have decided to start a new closed legacy, but with a twist. I am creating 5 Freshman made up of guys from the boards who have been great followers of my current and past legacies. Taking the idea of Tmacfan12 8 Prospects to the NBA to a different type of level.

I plan on using the 5 guys as my starters with orginal players as my backups for the first 4 years. Once everyone graduates and hopefully makes the pro's I will then take my coach on to bigger and better offers.

I play MOP, 15 minute halfs with my own sliders, I am using Seryn's rosters as a base, however I did edit the entire Big Sky and Big West with the real names and years for the 2009-2010 season. This is for 2k8 and I play on XBox 360.

Feel free to ask any other questions...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: A New Fab 5. The Story of Coach Dodge A 2K8 Close Legacy.

Seth Johnson is going to be a beast!
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

How it all Started.

I was sitting in my office, looking back at last night's historic victory. A state high school championship!! After a season ending knee injury in my Junior year in high school I missed out on playing in the State Finals as a Senior. Now after 5 years as the Junior Varsity Coach I was given the the job of trying to bring another State Title to Boise High. After going 21-4 in the regular season we were given the #1 seed. We breezed through the opening 2 rounds but just squeeked out the win in the semi finals behind a 32 point peformance from my star "TJ Youngblood". In the Finals TJ out did himself. 28 points 15 rebounds 7 assist , 6 steals, and 4 block shots... I can't believe this kid is not getting scholarship offers from any big schools...

So here I was sitting in my office thinking what can I do to help TJ showcase his skills and maybe snag a late offer from Div I school and it came to me. We were going to create a allstar squad of players looking to showcase their skills out west looking for the same thing TJ was. After making several calls to my best friends Andy Akpan and Bryan Young, I was told of 4 other players in similar situations as TJ, so I contacted them and our ABL team was formed. The Fabulous Five.

Our PG 5'10 Michael James (Franchise)-Rancho Bernardo High School (San Diego CA)

Our SG 6'2 Adam Rizzo (Rizzo)-Elk Grove High School (Elk Grove CA)

Our SF 6'8 Seth Johnson (Dynasty Josh)-Coronodo High School (Henderson NV)

Our PF 6'8 T.J. Youngblood (Me!!)-Boise High School (Boise ID)

Our C 6'10 Wilt Chamberlain JR (Doncoryell)-Del Oro High (Lomiss CA)

It was a summer that will never be forgotten in ABL history as 5 players from 3 different states came together to form a bond that took them to the history books. The "Fab 5" went 18-1 to win the Summer league Championship under the direction of Coach Dodge. What happened next nobody would have ever predicted..

I was sitting in my hotel room. We had just got down playing the championship game. There were several scouts in the stands and offers had started to come in for all 5 guys.

James was being looked at by Sacremento State and UC-Irvine but neither school had a scholarship to offer and wanted him to walkon, and UC Riverside asked if he would consider a year of JC ball before joining the Highlanders in 2010.. He was still holding out hopes San Diego or San Diego State would offer something.

Rizzo had become a star and had San Jose State and Fresno State asking him to walkon well Cal-State Northridge,Pacific and Pepperdine were all getting prepared to make offers.

Johnson aslo caught the eye of Idaho State, Northern Colorado and Utah Valley State, All 3 were preparing to make offers, well Nevada was offering a walkon spot.

Youngblood-Recieved a offer from Idaho State, Boise State asked if he would consider walking on or playing for the College of Southern Idaho for a season until a scholarship opened up.

Chamberlain-Was contacted by the Army about coming to West Point and playing for the Black Knights as well Long Beach State and Cal Poly.

It was 10:00 and the phone rang. On the other end was UC Davis A.D. Greg Warzecka. Coach Gary Stewart had decided to resign as Head Basketball Coach and the University had decided that they wanted someone young and fresh to take over the program and help turn them into winners. After being a Div II powerhouse the Aggies had struggled since joining the Big West and Div I. It took only minutes for my response. Yes!!!! I will take the job... Before I hung up the phone though A.D. Warzecka gave me the news. Leaving with Coach Stewart was half the team. Not only would I be taking over a struggling team but I would be taking over a team that had just 1 returning player, a JC transfer and 3 incoming Freshamn who had agreed to stay committed. I had 5 scholarships to offer and only 4 weeks to fill them before the school started.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Fab 5 Committs to UC Davis.

Some would say hiring Coach Dodge was a huge gamble for the Aggies program and even more would question his decision to offer his "Fab 5" ABL team the remaining 5 scholarships.

Even with other offers on the table and bigger schools asking the players to walk on, none of the schools offered what UC Davis and Coach Dodge had to offer. The chance for the 5 players who over the summer had become best friends a chance to stay together and start together on a Div I basketball team.

UP NEXT THE FULL UC DAVIS ROSTER, TEAM SCHEDULE BIG WEST PREVIEW AND INTERVIEW WITH COACH DODGE HIMSELF!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fab 5 Committs to UC Davis.

Definitely going to be following this one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Re: Fab 5 Committs to UC Davis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Definitely going to be following this one
Good to know

Just got done playing anothe game.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: A New Fab 5. The Story of Coach Dodge A 2K8 Close Legacy.

best story i have ever read here. keep it up. im following
Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

UC Davis and Big West Preview

Good Evening and Welcome the the College Basketball Preview Show, I am Andy Katz. Tonight we focus in on the hire that has gotten everyone talking down in California.

UC Davis made a surprising choice when they picked Coach Dodge to take over the Aggie program. With just 1 year of High School Varisty Coaching experience and 1 summer on the ABL circuit. Coach Dodge made a name for himself winning a high school championship and then a summer league ABL Championship.

Creating even more news was the signing of 5 players from his ABL team called the "Fab 5", led by his High School star TJ Youngblood.

Youngblood "I am extremely excited about this next chapter in my life. Seth Johnson has become one of my best friends on and off the court and MJ,Rizzo, and Junior are amazing as well. This is a opportunity that none of us felt we could pass up"

Andy Katz-"Now I want to take a closer look at both the Coach that will be leading them and the entire roster at UC Davis.

74 OVERALL

Head Coach
DJ Dodge Age-25 Record (0-0)
Overall C
Offense C (1 point)
Defense C-
Teaching C-
Scouting C+ (2 points)
Recruiting C+ (2 points)
Disciplne C-

Offensive Theology-UpTempo,
Playbook-4 Out
Primary Defense- 3/2 Zone,
2nd Defense-2-1-2 Zone
Pressure Defense- 1-3-1 Matchup
Inbound Press 1-2-1 Zone Press
Recruiting Priorities-Shooting and Size

Assistant Coaches
J. Wofford-Age 36. Overall C- Offense C+ Scout C+
I. Hendricks-Age 26 Overall C- Off C- Def C Tech C-

STARTING LINEUP

PG-5'10 MICHAEL JAMES (FRESHMAN) 70 OVERALL
Key Attributes- Off Awar-75,Hand-80 Pass-85,90 Quick

Coach Dodge- "MJ is a great floor general. He has the ability to see the court better then anyone I have met. Has not been a huge scorer in the past but does have the abilitiy to create shots and can use his quickness to break down his defender and get to the hoop."

SG-6'2 ADAM RIZZO (FRESHMAN) 70 OVERALL
Key Attributes- Off Awar-80 3PT-85, Hand-85 Pass-80

Coach Dodge "Rizzo has a sweet stroke, probably better then my own back in my playing days. This kid can light it up from downtown, but also has the abilities to create shots off the dribble as well. Very capable of filling in at the point as well"

SF-6'8 SETH JOHNSON (FRESHMAN) 70 OVERALL
Key Attributes- Off Awar-75, Close-75 Mid-70 3PT-85, Def Reb-80

Coach Dodge "Johnson is a scorer period.. This kid knows when to put the ball on the floor and drive and knows when to pull up and drain the 3pt. A solid rebounder as well. He does need work on his defensive, as he gets alot of stupid fouls. If his defense catches up with his offensive skills, he could be the best player I have ever seen play the game"

6'8 T.J. YOUNGBLOOD (FRESHMAN) 70 OVERALL
Key Attributes-Off Awar-75, Close-80 3PT-75,Pass-80,Def Reb-75

Coach Dodge "TJ is a solid-allaround player. He works hard to play his best. A very unselfish player he is always looking to make his teammates better, but when called on can play and score with the best. More of a SF, TJ will need to bulk up and continue to improve his rebounding skills to play the PF spot in college."

6'10 WILT CHAMBERLAIN JR (FRESHMAN) 70 OVERALL
Key Attributes-Close-85,Dunk-80, Low Post Off-75, Blk-80, Off Reb-75 Def Reb-80

Coach Dodge "Wilt is a beast on the boards. He is not the scorer that his dad was (at least we think. Wilt Senior never claimed Wilt JR before he died). His size and defensive abilities cause oppoents to change their shots and move further and further away from the key"

THE BENCH

PG- 6'3 JULIAN WELCH (FRESHMAN) 64 OVERALL
Key Attributes-Hands-82 Def-79, Speed-87 Quick-87
Bio-"Played High School ball with Adam Rizzo at Elk Grove"

Coach Dodge-"Welch needs to develope a offensive game at the college level. He was has the skills they just need polishing. He has good hands and is a solid defensive player who has the abilities to get up and down the court quickly."

SG-6'5 EDDIE MILLER (JUNIOR) 56 OVERALL
Key Attributes-3PT-85
Bio-"JC Transfer from Cal"

Coach Dodge "I personally havn't had a chance to see much of Eddie's game other then I know this kid can flat out light it up from 3pt."

SF-6'5 RYAN HOWLEY (FRESHMAN) 61 OVERALL
Key Attributes-Close-75 Mid-70 3PT-70 Quick-75
Bio-Only player on the UC Davis team not from California (Flagstaff AZ)

Coach Dodge "Howley has the potential to be a very good player. He led his high school team with a 20+ PPG avg. Could play a major role as the 6th man off the bench"

SF-6'8 ADAM MALIK (RS SOPHOMORE) 61 OVERALL
Key Attributes-Close-81 3PT-75
Bio-Played in 25 games last season Avg 2.4 PPG

Coach Dodge "Adam has the size to play the 4, but runs the court and shoots like a 2. We will need him to bulk up and play some minutes behind Youngblood and Johnson"

C-6'11 DE'ANDRE MEDLOCK (FRESHMAN) 59 OVERALL
Key Attributes-Close-70 Blk-70
Bio-Played at Clovis West High in Fresno CA

Coach Dodge "DeAndre has great size but needs to develope quickly if he is going to get alot of minutes this season"

Coach Dodge will have 2 scholarship to offer this season.

Andy Katz-"Now that you have met the UC Davis Aggies. Let's take a quick look at the rest of the Big West and some Key players from each team.

Cal Poly (71)- FR PG K. Odister(70) SO SG J. Lewis(70), SO C 6'8 W. Donahue(64)

Cal State Northridge (73) SR SG T. Osunsami(72) SO PG V. McGee(67) SR SF K. Daniels (64)

CS Fullerton (70) SR SG A. Thompson(73) JR C 6'10 B. Webster(70) SO Transfer(Syracuse) 6'11 S. Williams(67)

Long Beach St (70) SO SF T. Robinson(70) FR SF K. Richardson(66) FR C 6'11 J. Montgomery(65)

Pacific (71) SR C M. Nunnally(67) SR PG L. Neufville(66) JR SG T. Smith(63)

UC Irvine (71) SO SF E. Wise (77) SR PF Z. Atkinson(74) JR PG P. Rembert(64)

UC Riverside (73) SR PF K. Austin(72) SR SF L. Gurganious(69) Transfer from Gonzaga, FR C 6'8 C. Chadwick(65)

UC Santa Barbara (70) RS SO SF O. Johnson(77/81 3pt) Transfer from LMU, SO J. Nunnally (64) SR PG J. Powell(64)

BIG WEST PRESEASON AWARDS

Best Overall-O. Johnson (UCSB)
Best Freshman-A. Rizzo (UC Davis)
Best Shooter-O. Johnson (UCSB)
Best Playmaker-M. James (UC Davis)
Best Pro Prospect-E. Wise (UC Irvine)
Best Defender-R. Edwards (Pacific)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »