Home

Exactly what's wrong with Tropicana Field + Workaround

This is a discussion on Exactly what's wrong with Tropicana Field + Workaround within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Exactly what's wrong with Tropicana Field + Workaround

After some extensive testing tonight, I've narrowed down exactly what causes the game to freeze at Tropicana Field, and I've also established a workaround that seems to work 100% of the time; although I ask that you guys test it to make sure.

The freeze seems to occur by accessing a bullpen (home or away) and then pressing select at any point after leaving the bullpen screen (it doesn't matter if you make pitchers start warming up or if you do absolutely nothing while in the bullpen); the instant you press select, the game will freeze. Even throwing a pitch or getting to the next batter in the order won't fix the problem; the game will still freeze. Note that the problem will not happen if you go to the bullpen and bring a reliever into the game; not sure why, but whatever is causing the frezze must be alleviated by actually bringing in a reliever.

But the actual WORKAROUND that seems to work every time is as follows: once you press circle to leave the bullpen, before you even continue the game, press the start button to pause the game, and then unpause the game. Every time I've tested this, pressing select to bring up the pitcher/batter graphic causes absolutely no problems. Of course, you'll have to repeat this process of pausing and unpausing every time you view the bullpen, but it seems to work.

Let me know if you experience any continued problems while using this method.

UPDATE: Based on posts that you'll see later in this thread, there appear to be other issues (possibly beyond the user's control) that are also causing freezes at Tropicana Field. It is probably a good idea to avoid playing at Tropicana Field until a patch for it can be released. Of course, the only good reason to play at the Trop at this point is to try to figure out what else is causing freezes there so that the info can be passed on to the devs.

Last edited by Spring Rubber; 03-16-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Exactly what's wrong with Tropicana Field + Workaround

Haha, I've never been so happy to see a freeze in my life. I did exactly what was listed above and locked up for the first time.

I'm going to add another workaround, and it's the reason I've never seen this bug until now - because I don't really use the quick menu:

If you have to access the pen, do it from the pause menu and not the quick menu (pressing up). I've tried it several times from the pause menu and I do not freeze when going there to make bullpen moves. One single time from the quick menu - BOOM Frozen! I need some others to try that, though it corroborates with the above post.

This is a FANTASTIC post, and exactly what the SCEA guys need when trying to fix bugs like this.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Wow, that's a good insight about going to the bullpen from the pause menu instead of the quick menu; I never thought of that one!

On another note, it seems that bringing up the quick menu works exactly like the pause menu in canceling the glitch. That is, after you leave the bullpen, you can also bring up the quick menu and back out of it right away to prevent the freeze.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
Rookie

yopis's Arena

OVR: 7

great post dude.

The amount of glitches is getting out of hand.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'll throw this in the work around thread if it is indeed confirmed.
NICE find.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Rubber
After some extensive testing tonight, I've narrowed down exactly what causes the game to freeze at Tropicana Field, and I've also established a workaround that seems to work 100% of the time; although I ask that you guys test it to make sure.

The freeze seems to occur by accessing a bullpen (home or away) and then pressing select at any point after leaving the bullpen screen (it doesn't matter if you make pitchers start warming up or if you do absolutely nothing while in the bullpen); the instant you press select, the game will freeze. Even throwing a pitch or getting to the next batter in the order won't fix the problem; the game will still freeze. Note that the problem will not happen if you go to the bullpen and bring a reliever into the game; not sure why, but whatever is causing the frezze must be alleviated by actually bringing in a reliever.

But the actual WORKAROUND that seems to work every time is as follows: once you press circle to leave the bullpen, before you even continue the game, press the start button to pause the game, and then unpause the game. Every time I've tested this, pressing select to bring up the pitcher/batter graphic causes absolutely no problems. Of course, you'll have to repeat this process of pausing and unpausing every time you view the bullpen, but it seems to work.

Let me know if you experience any continued problems while using this method.
I played at the Trop tonight and had absolute no freezing what-so-ever. I did everything you said above to cause a freeze. Is everyone having freezing at the Trop?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan44
I played at the Trop tonight and had absolute no freezing what-so-ever. I did everything you said above to cause a freeze. Is everyone having freezing at the Trop?
If I'm not mistaken, this is a Franchise only glitch, isn't it?

I've never had a problem in 3 exhibition games at the Trop.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan44
Did you access the bullpen from the pause menu instead of the quick menu? If so, that's why it didn't freeze for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »