Home

*****The 'Perfect' Slider Set***** MLB 10 - The Show

This is a discussion on *****The 'Perfect' Slider Set***** MLB 10 - The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
*****The 'Perfect' Slider Set***** MLB 10 - The Show

Some of you (hopefully more than some) will remember the "Perfect" sets from 08 and last year in 09, i hope they gave many people as much enjoyment as they did me.

This is just to let you know that the Perfect 2010 set are under development, i have had numerous PM's asking about them so this is just to make it public.

As i said last year, and every year, please dont read this thinking that i am so big headed that i think i have found perfection or even close to it, i have not, no one will, however what i have done is create a set of sliders for All-Star (you can use them on other levels if you want but they have been made with All-Star in mind) that i believe gives me, and hopefully you, the greatest balance of gameplay we can currently find.

Ive played a lot of games on default to first get a feel for what needed to change, then played with the more tweaked settings (and still am) such as solid hits/fielder speed & reaction plus others, what i have found is that 2010 will not require anywhere near as much tweaking as 09 or 08 did.

Im currently putting the finishing touches to them and testing so i should be able to get them out relatively soon, next few days or so.

Sit tight

------------------------------------------------------------

Perfect Sliders v3.2 (updated April 28)

USER

Power: DEFAULT
Timing: DEFAULT
Fouls: DEFAULT
Solid Hits: 2
Starter Stamina: DEFAULT
Reliever Stamina: 3
Pitcher Control: 5
Pitcher Consistency: 6

CPU

Power: DEFAULT
Timing: DEFAULT
Fouls: DEFAULT
Solid Hits: 2
Starter Stamina: DEFAULT
Reliever Stamina: 3
Pitcher Control: 5
Pitcher Consistency: 6
Strike Frequency: 3
Manager Hook: DEFAULT
Pickoffs: DEFAULT

GLOBAL

Pitch Speed: DEFAULT
Fielding Errors: DEFAULT
Throwing Errors: DEFAULT
Fielder Run Speed: 1
Fielder Reaction: 10
Fielder Arm Strength: 3
Baserunner Speed: DEFAULT
Baserunner Steal Ability: DEFAULT
Baserunner Steal Frequency: DEFAULT
Wind: DEFAULT
Injury Frequency: 3

I think the first thing you will notice is the amount of things left at DEFAULT, this is because i am absolutely of the belief that the majority of things in this game work fine completely untouched, and because this is, by far, the best "out of the box" game SCEA has ever produced.

With that said there are a few tweaks (and the odd drastic change i.e. solid hits/fielder speed & reaction which to me are essential) but yes, overall, this year has seen far less of a need for slider tweaking.

In 08 and 09 there were 3-4 more tweaks to the set until i got it what i consider down, but this year there may be only 1 or 2, maybe even none, thats how solid most of the stuff on DEFAULT is.

Anyway, as i always say, enjoy, please give feedback but DO NOT give it on a game by game basis, it is genuinely meaningless, you will not get a true flavour of how these will play out for you until you have played at least 20/30 games with them, so please, dont come on here saying i won 16-2 and hit 8 homers (because it will happen at some point as thats baseball) or ive only scored 2 runs in 4 games and cant get the ball out of the infield (because it will happen at some point as thats baseball) because over time they WILL even themselves out, just like the real season does.

Anyway, enough from me, just trust me on this, if you take the time and patience to play long enough with these WITHOUT passing judgment, you will see that in the end all will work out.

Enjoy

Last edited by 42; 04-28-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: *****The 'Perfect' Slider Set***** MLB 10 - The Show

thanks for the sliders from the last few years, i've really enjoyed them and can't wait till rosters and your sliders are done and then I can start the long journey, which is my franchise.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

ooh cant wait. your sliders from 09 made it easily my most enjoyable sports gaming experience ever
Old 03-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Old 03-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Psycho will you still be using meter pitching with this set ? or with a lot of people saying meter is too easy, switch to classic ? Looking forward to seeing them !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

No meter pitching man, always have been, but they may work just fine on Classic too, others can test that.

Thanks for the anticipatory posts guys, i think you will see rather a bit of difference in my set to the others out so far
Old 03-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
Rookie

djnewscreen's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
BEST GIF EVER!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

will u be putting these sliders up today or tomorrow by any chance?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »