Home

catching bunt popups? bug or not?

This is a discussion on catching bunt popups? bug or not? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
catching bunt popups? bug or not?

Okay, this has happened multiple times already and each time it has cost me the game. Someone tell me if this is a bug or it is completely my fault. Opponent has man on first no out on a tie game. I'm pitching and the batter bunts. The bunt ended up a popup. I selected the closest defender to catch the ball, and he was right under it when the ball LANDED ON THE GROUND!!! I did a replay and literally the ball landed on the fielder's FEET and the player didn't even made an attempt to CATCH THE BALL?!?! This happened to me 3 times already and I'm not sure if its me who's not positioning the player properly or this is a known bug. Has anyone experienced the same thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: catching bunt popups? bug or not?

Does he pick it up when it is on the ground?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Nope, it was my first baseman and he decided to cover first base and the ball rolled toward the second baseman but by that time, the runner running to first was safe. Lo and behold next batter hits a liner to center, drove in the runner at second and I lost a game.

Another scenario: Opponent has men on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out. Down by two runs I think. My pitcher threw a fastball and the batter bunts for a suicide squeeze. Bunt was popped up and the closest player to catch was the pitcher. Same scenario! The ball dropped in front of him even though he's in a position to catch. Runner scored from third. Next batter was the SAME EXACT PLAY, another suicide. Popup to pitcher. Same result, he didn't catch it and ball appears to go through the player and landed behind him!
Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Yeah definitely a bug. When it happens again take a video of it and put it in the bugs and glitches thread.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Definitely! Just to clarify more though, when the popup occurred, there was no "ball" indicator on the ground to allow my player to position himself there. Also the player wasn't "camped" under the popup. It was basically the batter bunts, pops it up, the closest player was automatically selected, and I tried to position myself under where the ball will land, and literally the ball landed right in the player's vicinity and the player didn't even catch it. It wasn't a ball popup that stayed in the air for a while...it was a rather low to mid popup that was totally catchable in real life. I really thought at first it was my fault for not positioning the player properly, but when it happened the third time, I knew then that there is something wrong about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had this happen to me a time or two.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

This was mostly an RTTS problem for me, and online once or twice, never in a franchise game though luckily. It may be the same issue, but I am starting to have problems with my OFs fielding bouncing balls...I am right there, there's no reason the ball should be going by me and they don't even try to play the ball and just let it roll by for triples.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

The pop u bunt glitch was also in 09 a problem.
I've had 2 so far in 10 and they catched it with no problems whatsoever. Too bad to hear it's still there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »