Home

Cap Penalities In 2k10?

This is a discussion on Cap Penalities In 2k10? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cap Penalities In 2k10?

Is there any sort of penalization for relieasing a player during the association mode like there is in Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Cap Penalities In 2k10?

in real life i am pretty sure nba contracts are guaranteed, if this is depicted in assosciation mode the players salary wont come off the books.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skte1ement
in real life i am pretty sure nba contracts are guaranteed, if this is depicted in assosciation mode the players salary wont come off the books.
Yup placed on waivers so you have to wait until another team signs them until they come off the books. If they never get signed then ur paying for the remainder of the contract.

IRL the two teams could work out a deal to split the costs but its not in the game. Hopefully something added to next year Sign and trades and being able to add money to trades.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Ok thanks. Im suprised actually becuase when releasing a player in never says anything along the lines of: "ARe you sure you want to release (player's name)? you will have to pay $x."

Thanks again guys
Old 03-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Hays
Ok thanks. Im suprised actually becuase when releasing a player in never says anything along the lines of: "ARe you sure you want to release (player's name)? you will have to pay $x."

Thanks again guys
It actually does say something like that. Just like when you fire a coach and hire a new one it tells you that you will have to pay the salary of both the coaches, and you have to confirm it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemo03
It actually does say something like that. Just like when you fire a coach and hire a new one it tells you that you will have to pay the salary of both the coaches, and you have to confirm it.
Yes I have seen that said for coaches and scouts but Ive never seen it said for players.

Another question: If you send down players to the D-League do you continue to pay their salary?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Hays

Thanks again guys
Yeah I remember that was in 2k9 association but i dont think its in this years'

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »