Home

only homers and singles..

This is a discussion on only homers and singles.. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
only homers and singles..

Playing a franchise with the Yankees. I lead the league in hits and im in the top 5 in homeruns through 15 games, but im DEAD last in doubles, and have not hit a triple yet. Turned down fielder speed to 0 and i cant get anything in the gap. I have solid hits at three because at one I wasnt hitting anything hard really. Is that too high? Is it possible Im hitting the ball too hard? Like 4 times a game I smoke one and its right at the fielder, or Vlad guerrero covers ground like robin yount and cuts off my gapper. Any help would be appreciated. Alot of people are talking about doubles and I just havent seen it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: only homers and singles..

What settings are you using? I am playing on Rookie hitting with default sliders, and have a pretty much perfect array of singles, doubles, homeruns, and a few triples. It all depends on when you are making contact with the pitches, and where in the strikezone they are. If you are always on perfect timing and the pitches are in the center of the plate, you'll typically either line a single up the middle, or jack a homerun. Many of my doubles have come on balls hit in the gap when I make solid contact, but my timing is slightly off so I either hit it to the opposite field gap, or in the pull field gap. Either that, or there will be a ball on the outside corner and I'll drill it off the end of the bat and it goes flying by the first baseman. The variety of hits in this year's game are leaps and bounds above what I saw last year, and I'm loving it.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Weird I actually have too many doubles. Most of them come when I hit the ball down the 3rd base line and it goes under the 3rd baseman's glove everytime.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:31 AM   #4
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

Im playing on Veteran with

contact 5
power 7
timing 7
Solid hits 3.

I have fielder reaction at 6, so not as many groundballs get through on both sides. Dont want to go down to rookie because I use the L stick. Some people think All Star may have more hit variety? But im not sure..
Old 03-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #5
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

when i make solid contact and im early or late, i usually hit a screaming liner right at an outfielder, or pull or go opposite field with what would have been a double, but foul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

try playing on All-Star, at least for hitting.

I think on the lower levels it gives you a bigger window to make solid contact so in essence you're squaring up the ball too much, even with lowered solid hits.

I actually have Solid Hits at 0 and on all-star i'm seeing a good hit variety, dribblers/choppers and bloopers. It feels good when I time it perfectly and jack a homerun.

p.s.- i also have fielder speed at 0 and reaction at 10....it avoids the stupid weak doubles down the line that go right under the glove of the fielder
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

On Vet i'm seeing tons of doubles. Triples are my unicorn. I think I have 1 all year.

I have as many inside-the-park home runs as I have triples through 40 games in my Franchise.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #8
Rookie

NickyJ's Arena

I play on Legend, and I'm finding the hit variety fantastic this year.

I've been hitting quite a lot of doubles and triples, I had one game the other day in which I went 3-4 with Rios with 2 triples, a double, two walks and a groundout.
In that same game I also hit 2 homeruns with Konerko.

So I've been really happy with it so far.
One thing which you might be doing is using guess pitch and relying heavily on the feedback, in which you could be getting great contact on the correct guesses and then on the incorrect ones being completely off with your timing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »