Home

Thrown out of the game

This is a discussion on Thrown out of the game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ejections

Well, hello guys I’m new I would like to introduce myself. Once I was playing a game with my friend I was playing with the rangers and my friend had the angels. I'm batting with Chris Davis he hits a groundball to Aybar and get's thrown out just barely at first. It starts this whole animation where he starts arguing with the ump and gets thrown out of the game. My question is 1. Is there a way to control your player so we don’t get thrown out? 2 What specifically triggers this? 3 why doesn’t this happen more often?

Last edited by Amazins31; 06-17-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Ejections

Here's the answer to all three of your questions:

It's random. What triggers it is, as far as I know, a close play at first. But it doesn't happen on all close plays at first. It's completely random.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's something they need to work on in 11. I have yet to see a Manager ejected, and I would like a way to adjust levels of argument, as opposed to seeing players argue on plays that are never close (I have seen guys argue for being thrown out when they were FOUR steps away from the base). This is one of the less realistic aspects of The Show.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

The other day I saw the argument cut scene but the player did not get thrown out. This is obviously random as well, but it was cool to know that they don't always get thrown out for arguing, just most of the time. I also say a quasi argument on a bad strike three call where the player did this look back and point at the ump and the announcers said something like better cool it before he gets ejected. He did not get booted.

I agree that there needs to be human control over the argument, or at least not random. Perhaps a personality variable as simple as 1-5, 5 being the known hot heads. I really like having the manager argue calls and getting thrown out. It is somehow very soothing to know that you can argue a call, even if getting ejected.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Thrown out of the game

Yes i miss that your manager doesn't come out an argue calls its part of the game. I hope in 11 they put something where you control if he gets ejected or comes close to.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »