Home

Creating Colts Challenge

This is a discussion on Creating Colts Challenge within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Creating Colts Challenge

I just found a way to play this game in Europe. It cost me roughly $500, but now I will be able to play NFL Head Coach 09 and NCAA Football games. I've played HC09 for a week now and I've learned more about football than in 7 years past playing Madden. Needless to say, I already love this game, because finally I've found a football gaming challenge.

Now my question is: how do I play with the Colts and still give myself a challenge? Usually in Madden I'd have multiple carreers going, one of them being a Colts franchise that starts with a fantasy draft. Since that isn't possible and playing with the Colts is too easy in this game, how do I make playing with the Colts in HC09 a challenge, without doing silly things like trading away Peyton Manning, firing the entire coaching staff and playing with an totally different system? I still want to play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

If you guys have any suggestions, they'd be welcome. Thanks!

Oh, by the way, I would very much appreciate it if you wouldn't spoil the game for me. Like mentioning steals or busts in this thread. A lot of the players are the same in Madden 10, I know, but still...

Last edited by ceroik; 07-07-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Creating Colts Challenge

Give Manning new receivers. Trade away Harrison, Wayne, and Anthony Gonzalez stock up on draft picks and get guys like DeSean Jackson, Earl Bennett, Mario Manningham, and Devin Thomas. Also trade Dallas Clark. If you trade Manning's best playmakers you could keep Peyton and still make it a challenge. Hope that helps.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Or if u want you could start with a created coach and after year 1 fire your entire coaching staff and make it a chalenge to rebuild your staff rather than the players
or you can go to the AI sliders and make the CPU be 100 and the user be 1 that's gota be a challenge
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Haha thanks guys, I already thought of every idea you guys gave me, but in slightly other ways. The way you put them still makes it a little bit realistic. I might actually try playing with ridiculously difficult sliders. But first I have to figure the game out for 100%, still getting started and all.

Thanks for the feedback, and if anyone still thinks of another surprising way to achieve a challenge, let me know, I will be checking up on this topic.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

Another way to play is play with default sliders but try for statistical milestones such as have a 1000 yard rushing QB or have 2 1500 yard rushers or have a player with over 30 sacks
Or you could try to reashape the colts idenity instead of a spread team make the a wishbone option run team. Also you could try to change them from a cover 2 team to a man blitz team.

Last edited by Pigtoe; 07-08-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here's a challenge. Pretend you are a stubborn defense first head coach who hates offense. Bring in a power run playbook for the colts and change their D to something like a 46.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

eventually though...thats what I tell this woman

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »