Home

If you elect to keep a player in the game that has a minor injury

This is a discussion on If you elect to keep a player in the game that has a minor injury within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
If you elect to keep a player in the game that has a minor injury

will this actually lead to a more serious injury? I've left players in the game with minor injuries all he time and never have I suffered the consequences. Does that feature actually work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: If you elect to keep a player in the game that has a minor injury

I had it send a QB to the injured list for 8 weeks, so apparently it does, but I think most of the time it's not a big deal. I tend to rest them anyway just to be safe, unless it's a key player or a close and important game.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Good question because I ALWAYS "rest them" when it says they have a minor injury.

Has anyone experienced this causing worse injuries.

On that note... has anyone else had a guy go down and not know it until after the game was over? I lost my OLB for the year and there was no mention of it in the game. I found out only after I check injuries later in the menu.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I've sometimes had defensive players go down and not know it, but it's rare that I not know it, and it's also very rare for me to get a defensive player hurt.

On offensive, I never lose a player without noticing. O-Linemen have a tendency not to get hurt, and I'm extremely familiar with all of my skill players...and their back-ups...and the third string player. I know when someone is in for than just stamina reasons.

As for the original thread topic: I generally always rest players. I only play dynasty mode pretty much, so if the decision is between lose this game or lose X player for the rest of the season? I'd rather lose the game and keep the player and win more games in the future.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
On that note... has anyone else had a guy go down and not know it until after the game was over? I lost my OLB for the year and there was no mention of it in the game. I found out only after I check injuries later in the menu.
Yes, the injury notifications are pretty bad and easy to overlook, or skip entirely. Don't press any buttons for a few seconds after a play ends, otherwise you might blow right through them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've seen it happen to the CPU before, their HB kept going down but coming back into the game. The third time he went down he was done for the season.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18

Yea I wish we had better injury notifications. But yea, if you choose to leave them in they can get hurt worse. I handle everything on a case by case basis. If I really need them sometimes they will just have to play. Otherwise I choose to rest them and they are back the next drive anyway normally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »