Home

Where did my roster names go?

This is a discussion on Where did my roster names go? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Where did my roster names go?

I tried everything to get the downloaded rosters to work but couldn't. So I decided to use auto rename. Then went in and put the right names on my favorite team. So after a few exhibition games I figured I play Road To Glory.

Now today I felt like playing around and correcting some of the equipment on the players on my favorite team. I load the roster file then go to "Team Management" then "Edit Rosters" then low and behold all the names are gone. I tried loading the roster file a few times before giving up.

The only good thing about NCAA 11 is some of its gameplay everything else is total trash. I'm really upset that EA would even let this game get out how bad it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Where did my roster names go?

Considering you're the only person whose had this issue I think you should consider the fact that its your hardware or something about your setup before feeling the need to call the game "total trash".
Old 07-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Considering you're the only person whose had this issue I think you should consider the fact that its your hardware or something about your setup before feeling the need to call the game "total trash".
Have you ever thought I might be the first to notice the problem. How many people have you read say they went from naming their roster, Playing RTG then going back to play exhibition games and everything being alright? This game has a lot of problems and this is just one of them.

I think Madden is trash but its the only NFL game. Just because its the only one doesn't make it great. It can still be trash being the only one too.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

i may have had something similar happen. I was re-rating the community rosters, i was through the big 10 and sec, left town for the weekend and when i came back my roster files was the generic number roster that come with the box. Not sure what happend as i'm pretty seasoned in video games. I had the roster saved 3 times all three were the default roster.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16

Not really sure if this is the cause but do you have auto-save enabled?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #6
Rookie

BigPoppa48's Arena

OVR: 0

My rosters disappeared after I saved my RTG had to redownload them.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Same thing happened to me. I disabled auto save, and haven't checked it out yet. I'm thinking that's the problem because it will just save all changed files + I don't think there's a way to use the named rosters in RTG. I'm hoping this is the workaround.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
Rookie

kmaxhokie's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah this happened to me at the beginning when I was making my RTG players. I kept having to redownload Carson's rosters but now that I haven't made a RTG player there hasn't been a problem. I think it had to d with leaving RTG with auto save on like some other people were mentioning.

BOATSNHOOOOOES
#14 Virginia Tech (10-3)
Year 1 - Champs Sports Bowl Champs
#10 Virginia Tech (11-2) Year 2 - Chick-fil-A Bowl Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »