Home

Scholarships

This is a discussion on Scholarships within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Scholarships

I'm brand spanking new to NCAA so got a question about scholarships.

How many do you guys give out?
I mean... Should I hand out all the scholarships I can come away with and just cut the guys that I end up with not needing, or will this hurt my image with future recruits?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Scholarships

Personally i try not to over recruit. No point in having 5 5* Qb's sitting on your bench when they could go to a cpu team and make them better.

It comes down to how you want to play the game. Do you want ever 5* player or play a little more realistic. Some years i'll have have 25 recruits, others i'll have 13. That depends on how many seniors i have and players leaving early. If i start a dynasty with a crappy team i'll recruit heavy since most of the new players are better than those on the roster.

But once i have a dynasty running for a while i'll recruit players who i want to eventually start on my team and don't over recruit a position but it comes down to personal preference. Some people like to stock pile talent and have there 4th corner a 90 overall, thats not really for me.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

You should target 20-30 guys and all of them should have you atleast in their top 10. I would offer scholarships to anyone who has you number 1. Easy as that essentially
Old 08-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

If you ask me, i'd say target no more than 15 guys, who have you no higher than 5th in their interests. Offer scholarships to all of them, and aggressively pitch them. With this you can get to #1 on their list in a few weeks. Then as each recruit commits later in the year, find more commits to take their place and offer them, but make sure you have a chance with them first. By using this method, I was able to get 10 5* and 6 4* all in a year. Basically, offering 35 scholarships or whatever, won't hurt anything, and neither will cutting scholarship players.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the answers guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Gone into my second year, checked out recruits that are interest to find quite a few 4 star qb's. My best qb currently is a 73 rated freshman, converted from a hb. I have many needs this year defensively and punt/kicker. Should I still be looking to recruit a qb considering my replacement players (another fresham and juniors) are rated 71 or less?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticMrFox
Gone into my second year, checked out recruits that are interest to find quite a few 4 star qb's. My best qb currently is a 73 rated freshman, converted from a hb. I have many needs this year defensively and punt/kicker. Should I still be looking to recruit a qb considering my replacement players (another fresham and juniors) are rated 71 or less?
Depends on how bad your current QB's are. If you run a option style offense then you should be ok since your QB converted from HB. If you pass a lot and he has a week arm and misses throws then find a QB that is a better passer.
For me I tend to stay with what I have. I like to play guys that have been in the system over true freshmen. Go with needs first. You could have the best QB in the game but he is worthless if your D sucks. Also look hard at all the kickers/punters. The higher rated are not all best. I have found a few 1*'s that are better then the highest rated. Try and sign 1 good kicker/punter and use that player at both positions.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

C'mon guys, use the search function:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...egy-guide.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »