Home

Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
Banned

Titus1108's Arena

OVR: 7
Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode?

I do not play online, and EA really needs to stop assuming EVERYONE plays online. Why did they not do a single thing with franchise mode?? I rented the game, and after seeing this made my decision easy to not buy this game. Not getting NCAA either cuz i'm just gonna wait for 2012 with the new conference alignments.

EA will however prolly get my money for NHL 11, as NHL 10 was great and 11 looks even better! Anyways...granted M11 has alot of nice new things in it, gameplay is much better. But franchise mode being untouched causes franchise mode to get old and stale after 1 or 2 seasons. Very dissapointed. Maybe M12 will have some changes I'm lookin for(take some notes from Madden 2005 or that "other game" from 2005)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode?

Evidently offline franchise is getting a major overhaul, which hopefully will be in next years game. The decision as I understand it not to put anything new in this year basically came down too putting in only half done features this year or the complete overhaul in the future when its all complete. Hopefully that will be next year.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sori
Evidently offline franchise is getting a major overhaul, which hopefully will be in next years game. The decision as I understand it not to put anything new in this year basically came down too putting in only half done features this year or the complete overhaul in the future when its all complete. Hopefully that will be next year.
Funny, because I remember Ian saying exactly the same thing last year regarding the Extra Point.

Hopefully the franchise will be amazing next year but not holding my breath...
Old 08-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

They also wanted to refocus their efforts on gameplay this year (locomotion, run blocking, sideline catching, etc) My guess is this is what we will see over the next few years (one year game play, the next presentation, and so on)
Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

EA needs competition that has an NFL license. We can only pray.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
EA needs competition that has an NFL license. We can only pray.
This comment adds nothing to the conversation, but back on topic...

I believe it was because they focused this year on gameplay due to so many complaints about it last year. Plus Franchise got a huge overhaul last year that it had enough staying power to wait to 2012. I understand your frustration though because I, as you, do not play online. They also spent a good amount into online play this year as well. EA has a gameplan set in place for next years game, there probably were a ton of features they wanted to implement this year but didn't have time.....tough with a game that comes out every year.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I hope we don't go back to selling hotdogs and crap. But, would it have been so hard to actually look at real 40 times and make the cpu generated draft classes have semi-realistic 40's. How many years are we gonna have multiple offensive guards running 4.6's? I believe Randall McDaniel was the only O-lineman in history to run that fast, yet every draft class has several. I don't know whether it actually has any effect on the game but, you mean nobody at EA said "That's unrealistic. A 4.8 should be about as low as we go. Need more 5.0-5.2 guys." The franchise guy needs to take two weeks of and then quit.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6
All companies are focused on additional revenue, through micro transactions and online advertising. Madden gets the most flack because people always go back to the lack of competition. Offline franchise is going to always get the short end of the stick. Ian talks about telemetry data, and that data isn't driving game improvements, it is driving additional revenue for EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »