Home

New Recruit Equipment

This is a discussion on New Recruit Equipment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New Recruit Equipment

Does it bother anyone else that more often than not, the WRs that you receuit do not have gloves as part of their standard equipment? Same applies to DBs. Its not a big deal, but.. it takes you out of the game a little I think. It is quite rare that in these days you see receivers and dbs, running around with gloves..

I dunno.. this has really been bothering me for some reason haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New Recruit Equipment

This is the reason I edit all incoming freshman to my team. Plus doing the editing helps me learn who all my recruits are and in all my sports nerd glory give them equipment I decide matches the kind of player they are. Flashy WR? gloves, arm bands, calf bands. All Business type player? Depending on the position either just gloves or nothing at all. Then another thing I do is if a guy suffers an injury I edit equipment to match that. Say its a shoulder injuy, I will put a black 1/4 sleeve on that shoulder and say its a brace. Knee and ankle injuries are easy as they have the braces in this. Same with elbow injuries and wrist injuries.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

The thing that annoys me is when quarterbacks come in with QB wristbands on BOTH arms. Why would you need that? How big is my playbook?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
This is the reason I edit all incoming freshman to my team. Plus doing the editing helps me learn who all my recruits are and in all my sports nerd glory give them equipment I decide matches the kind of player they are. Flashy WR? gloves, arm bands, calf bands. All Business type player? Depending on the position either just gloves or nothing at all. Then another thing I do is if a guy suffers an injury I edit equipment to match that. Say its a shoulder injuy, I will put a black 1/4 sleeve on that shoulder and say its a brace. Knee and ankle injuries are easy as they have the braces in this. Same with elbow injuries and wrist injuries.
Watching my friend play his bowl game in season one of our OD Lamichael James goes down with a dislocated elbow. We both say "mmm he is gonna need an elbow guard for next season." My quarterback strained his elbow or something a few seasons back, so he has been wearing a rubber pad for protection since then. Don't want to risk further injury.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

haha, I just may have to start doing that. it may add some depth to the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

henrynick66's Arena

OVR: 2

Believe it or not, in older versions of Madden, if a guy would have an arm injury he'd be wearing a rubber elbow pad when he came back from the injury. This would go away after his probable status was removed.

It wasn't something I manually did, just part of the game. The equipment people for NCAA suck.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

editing the equipment like that sounds pretty cool tbh

but yeah, i was worried about incoming freshman equipment too. i got several athletes and offensive linemen who didnt have anything at all
Old 08-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #8
Rookie

uclabruins4ever's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick

haha! I love it!
Gonna try it out a bit...thanks for the idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »