Home

New Franchise Mode DLC similar to Madden Ultimate Team

This is a discussion on New Franchise Mode DLC similar to Madden Ultimate Team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
New Franchise Mode DLC similar to Madden Ultimate Team

Is this possible to do? Similar to the way they made Madden Ultimate team at the end of the Madden '10 life cycle. I know it would seem like Franchise mode is much bigger and im sure it is, but since they said they were going to retool franchise mode, maybe they could start here...or atleast add on to the existing franchise mode

what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: New Franchise Mode DLC similar to Madden Ultimate Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecb2412
Is this possible to do? Similar to the way they made Madden Ultimate team at the end of the Madden '10 life cycle. I know it would seem like Franchise mode is much bigger and im sure it is, but since they said they were going to retool franchise mode, maybe they could start here...or atleast add on to the existing franchise mode

what do you guys think?
TBH, I'd rather them focus 150% on M12s franchise rather than half-add anything to 11. Nothing would be better than after years of waiting to pop in M12 and FINALLY have a true franchise mode available. Just my opinion.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
TBH, I'd rather them focus 150% on M12s franchise rather than half-add anything to 11. Nothing would be better than after years of waiting to pop in M12 and FINALLY have a true franchise mode available. Just my opinion.
Yeah, after waiting six years for a decent franchise mode I don't want anything rushed or half assed.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

The honest truth is that unless they can charge for the microtransactions, like Ultimate Team, it's unlinkely they'll introduce a large, free, downloadable add-on. People definitely expect franchise mode for free, so I'm 99.9999% sure you won't see this until m12 at the earliest.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
Yeah, after waiting six years for a decent franchise mode I don't want anything rushed or half assed.

So you think they can get it right in a year? You know it's going to be half-assed at the end of the day.

They will mess up simmed stats. Roster sizes/ir will still be broken. The salary cap will be inflated after 3-4 years (if there is one) making player signings trivial. Cpu trades will only happen during the draft and wont involve players. No future draft picks in trades will be allowable. They'll mess up RFAs, if they even add them. CPU wont manage their roster properly. Etc...You know, things that the actual NFL has currently that will not be in the game correctly or at all.

Pick one. It's going to happen. Where is the faith coming from that these guys are in anyway competent to get the franchise mode done properly? I can already hear the excuses regarding the CBA not being completed in time.

But i digress...

To the original question. No, not likely. You're talking about a major game component that will take years to rebuild and do so correctly. It's beyond needing tweaks at this stage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, to me it just seems so unreal that we franchise players are already thinking about next years game...11 months from now...im not saying i think they will im just saying i think they should, and part of the reason for posting this was that i was hoping that someone on the dev team would see it and say, "hey thats a good idea"...am i a well wisher, yes...but im a well wisher that doesnt want to wait 11 more months for a decent franchise mode!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsb84
So you think they can get it right in a year? You know it's going to be half-assed at the end of the day.

They will mess up simmed stats. Roster sizes/ir will still be broken. The salary cap will be inflated after 3-4 years (if there is one) making player signings trivial. Cpu trades will only happen during the draft and wont involve players. No future draft picks in trades will be allowable. They'll mess up RFAs, if they even add them. CPU wont manage their roster properly. Etc...You know, things that the actual NFL has currently that will not be in the game correctly or at all.

Pick one. It's going to happen. Where is the faith coming from that these guys are in anyway competent to get the franchise mode done properly? I can already hear the excuses regarding the CBA not being completed in time.

But i digress...

To the original question. No, not likely. You're talking about a major game component that will take years to rebuild and do so correctly. It's beyond needing tweaks at this stage.
I presume Josh Looman is in charge of rebuilding franchise mode and his track record is the franchise modes on the Ps2 and NFL Head Coach so he's proven he makes great franchise modes. You say it will take years but that's just because you have heard so many excuses before. Fifa completely rebuilt their career mode this year and if Josh is given the resources he can do it as well. But I agree that the ready made CBA excuse has me worried too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »