Home

Pre-determined losses

This is a discussion on Pre-determined losses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
Rookie

warhorseballa06's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon13 Pre-determined losses

I shouldn't even have to explain this one, yall know what i mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Pre-determined losses

Yes wrestling is fake it has pre-determined outcomes. So what?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Good thread. Much needed.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

How can anyone go several games and not fumble, but yet in one game they have 4-6 fumbles, with a couple of picks? My buddy was in the dynasty with me and played you guessed it Alabama this week, and his 1st 2 possesions he turns the ball over and Alabama has a 21 point lead in the 1st qtr. The score was 38-7 during the 3rd quarter.

I also had a game like this aganist Florida, and I killed the guy..same story he turned the ball over every time....needless to say I was the home team.

You're dang right they have pre-determined losses.

This thread made me think of these Geico commercials...

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 09-03-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Not true in this year's game. I've played in a game and thought, "Man, nothing can go right for me..." only to turn it around in the 2nd half and win. I don't know about online play or not, but against the CPU, the game is balanced... and guess what, your players have bad games sometimes.

In my fourth season I went up against USC in the final regular game of the year. I was the #2, undefeated, they were #5. They beat me and eliminated me from the BCS national championship game. They did everything right and dominated me at home... I couldn't string together anything. But then I got matched up against them in a major bowl game, and it was the opposite.

It wasn't predetermined... but let's say that they score a TD in their first drive, then I'm playing catch up, then I make a mistake (fumble, int, etc), and then they score again? I'm significantly out of my comfort zone enough that I'm prone to making mistakes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

I must confess... i've always been one who disagreed that this game had pre-determined losses. Sure, there are games where you fumble like crazy and get tons of bogus penalties, but that does happen in real life as well. If the better team won every game it just would be sports... HOWEVER, after the game I played last night I am now 100% CERTAIN there are pre-determined losses programmed into this game.

Here's the story... i'm in the 2nd year of my UAB dynasty playing Tulane at home. It was a game where EVERYTHING was going in the CPU's favor... I had lost 4 fumbles, had 2 touchdowns called back for holding, and my receivers were dropping passes left and right all game. Still, I somehow managed to stay in the game and was down 17-13 late in the 4th quarter.

I drive deep into their redzone hoping to take the lead. I hit my TE wide open in the endzone for the... oh wait, he drops it. Dang... after an incomplete pass, the CPU all out blitzes and I hit my WR in the end zone for a... wait, another drop. Now it's 4th down, but I decide to go for it. You guessed it... CPU blitzes again, I hit my wide open Impact Player WR this time, dropped AGAIN. I was FUMING to say the least... but I manage to force a 3 and out and get the ball back with just 20 sec remaining.

HERE is where I found my evidence of pre-determined losses. I'm already pissed beyond belief at this point, pretty much knowing i've been cheated out of this game. I had 10 recruits visiting my campus this game, so in one of my not so proud moments, I decide to pump fake glitch the CPU (yes, sad I know). You can probably guess what the end result was... 3 STRAIGHT WIDE OPEN DROPS by my Impact WR, the last as time expired. I wish I had a way to record it, because if this game wasn't evidence of pre-determined losses I don't know what is!!!

In my younger days I surely would have launched my controller right through the wall. I settled for hitting the power button and opening a beer. Now i'm at work and all I can think about is running home to replay the game and get my revenge!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

I have many pre-determined wins though.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
How can anyone go several games and not fumble, but yet in one game they have 4-6 fumbles, with a couple of picks? My buddy was in the dynasty with me and played you guessed it Alabama this week, and his 1st 2 possesions he turns the ball over and Alabama has a 21 point lead in the 1st qtr. The score was 38-7 during the 3rd quarter.

I also had a game like this aganist Florida, and I killed the guy..same story he turned the ball over every time....needless to say I was the home team.

You're dang right they have pre-determined losses.
did you by chance see Nebraska play Iowa St. last year?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »