Home

Is Recruiting on Heisman impossible?

This is a discussion on Is Recruiting on Heisman impossible? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Is Recruiting on Heisman impossible?

I'm thinking out starting a new dynasty and bumping the recruiting difficullty up to Heisman. Is it just a bit more challenging than AA or is it really hard?

I got Ole Miss up to six star prestige and almost all A+ in recruiting and I could pretty much bring in anybody. In year five offseason i brought nine 5* guys. I don't follow college football THAT closely but that seems like a high number?

Just wondering if anybody out there recruits on heisman and how they like it.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is Recruiting on Heisman impossible?

I haven't played on anything but Heisman, and I haven't had too much trouble. With UCLA (****), I brought in three and four stars pretty easily, and could get five stars if they were interested, which is pretty realistic, athough UCLA probably recruits a little better than that despite their lack of high level football success. In a few short runs with Western Kentucky (*), recruitung was nigh impossible unless you concentrated on * and ** stars, but, outside of Proximity to Home, they didn't have much to offer. Now, using San Diego State (*), which has a nice mix of grades, I went 12-1 with a loss in the Fiesta, but brought in the 94th ranked class (only 2 ***), but that's kinda realistic because I didn't really expect that type of record, and didn't reach too much. In year 2, as a ** (and upping my Heisman sliders to make things more difficult in-game), I'm 2-0 (wins over San Jose State and a tough outing against Air Force), and I'm in the lead for a number of three stars.

I tend to keep my active recruiting list to 20, so I can spend half an hour with each guy, and mostly recruit guys that have me in their top 3. With UCLA/SDSU, I didn't need to go much past that, because of the number of recruits in my pipeline (and I don't go outside of my pipeline with SDSU), so that may skew things a little bit. Recruiting with Western Kentucky was almost impossible.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Thanks Man. I'm going to start up a new dynasty with Indiana. Only 2 star prestige, but an 80 overall with a 82 offense. I feel like I'll be able to score enough to be competitive and maybe get prestige up a star after a year and take it from there. Let's see if I can get the Hoosiers to be a big ten power house by year 5.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I have been recruiting on Heisman from the start, and IMO, recruiting on any level lower would be too easy for the User.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I have been recruiting on Heisman from the start, and IMO, recruiting on any level lower would be too easy for the User.
I have recruited on Heisman and All American in different online and offline dynasties. I have a top 5 class going with Notre Dame before the offseason on Heisman. I raked in the 105th class with Army on All American.

Recruiting has been entirely too easy for years now. Even at All American, I feel it is more realistic than ever. Heisman adds difficulty with only one change pitch option but otherwise it has felt the same to me.

You need to develop a plan no matter the difficulty. Major minutes needs to be devoted to the few you have to have. Jumping ship on a player needs to happen as soon as you realistically have no chance. Offer quick scholarships to players that have you #1 to try and get some quick commits, etc....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

You can only focus on 10-12 folks top tier folks. Spend 50-60 Minutes each. Only focus on folks that have your school in their top 3 then 5, etc, then scout pipeline for bonus.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:59 AM   #7
Rookie

klumdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
I haven't played on anything but Heisman, and I haven't had too much trouble.
I think he was referring to the recruiting difficulty set to Heisman, not playing on Heisman.

..****Sh Um...
Old 09-24-2010, 06:17 AM   #8
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

I know, I have both my in-game difficulty and my recruiting difficulty set to Heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »