Home

Is it wrong to go for 2 in this situation?

This is a discussion on Is it wrong to go for 2 in this situation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Is it wrong to go for 2 in this situation?

I am all about playing straight up and everything, but anytime someone jumps the snap on my extra point and gives me a chance to get an extra point from the 1 yard line, I am going to take it.

For instance, in an online ranked game I was Stanford against Oklahoma State. He scored first, taking a 7-0 lead. I scored twice in a row. After the second TD, he got an offsides penalty on my point after. With the ball placed on the one, I decided to go for two and put the pressure on him the rest of the game. I was successful.

It ended up being a HUGE difference in the game, as he scored a FG before the half giving me a 15-13 lead. He threw a pick on his next drive and I scored a TD off of it, giving me a 9-point lead. That in effect ended the game as he was now down by two possessions with one quarter to play. If I don't get the two, I would have still been up by 7 there. If I took the XP, I would have been up by 8 and that's only one possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Is it wrong to go for 2 in this situation?

It's risk/reward and you were rewarded. I say it was risky and I would have went for the XP, but I would not be calling you "cheesey" for taking a risk. These darn coaches "cheese" every week; the Rams cheesed my Redskins to death with those inside slants and crosses, lol.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

its a coach move not cheese... saw it irl this weekend but i dont remeber who...
2010: #9 Iowa 3-0
Last: W 24-17 v #25 FSU (Human)
Old 09-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Rookie

i say if he makes the mistake of moving you to the 1 yard line hes asking for 2, i think most coaches that had any faith in their RB would do exactly what you did.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Personally its a coach move. If he thinks your beeing cheesy, thats cause he just lost off of it. Thats like saying if its 4th and 6 and the defense jumps off sides, and now its 4th and 1, ur supposed to punt...just because?

its a high risk, high reward payoff and a decision that a coach would have to make. Being in that same position, depending on the players I have vs. the defense...I would do the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Yea it shouldn't be a problem, IRL u never know what a coach will do....its up to the opponent to stop u

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »