Home

Position Changes

This is a discussion on Position Changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
Rookie

greenhead's Arena

OVR: 1
Position Changes

Is it me, or are position changes near impossible this year? Sure, your linebackers and your lineman can move around...and you may even pick up a few points here and there. But, in year's past I have always been able to take a big WR and move them to a TE, or take a big HB and move them to FB, or switch FBs and TEs, or move a WR to a CB, or vice versa.

This year it seems like this is damn near impossible. Almost everybody is a 40 if they switch positions. I can understand taking a few point cut making the move...but this is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Position Changes

i never found it that easy.

yeah i used to be able to move a reciever to tight end but the reciever had to have like at least 60 strength to keep his overall up.

Same thing with running backs but the strength had to still be like a 70 or 80.

I never switched a reciever to corner.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhead
Is it me, or are position changes near impossible this year? Sure, your linebackers and your lineman can move around...and you may even pick up a few points here and there. But, in year's past I have always been able to take a big WR and move them to a TE, or take a big HB and move them to FB, or switch FBs and TEs, or move a WR to a CB, or vice versa.

This year it seems like this is damn near impossible. Almost everybody is a 40 if they switch positions. I can understand taking a few point cut making the move...but this is ridiculous.

Before you move them you need to look through their entire ratings to make sure you can move them around with out taking a huge hit. I had a WR I moved to QB and red shirted him because he had a better Passing Strength and Accuracy then the 3* QB I recruited. Before I move a player I look at all the attributes before making any moves.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

The overalls only appear low because the AWR takes a huge hit. Disregard the ratings and play with the players and see how it feels.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

TE's and FB's are tough ones this year, but I have never had any problem switching a FB to TE or vice versa, usually only a 2 or 3 point OVR hit... Just difficult finding any other position player that can play FB or TE, mostly because they need to have high blocking skills.

As for moving other players around.. I dont have any issue... I move players around all the time, not just lineman or linebackers.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »