Home

BeAGM Free Agent Defensemen

This is a discussion on BeAGM Free Agent Defensemen within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
BeAGM Free Agent Defensemen

Hey guys, after finishing up a few season's I have noticed something I think is a little unrealistic when it comes to free agent defensemen.

I had a couple young defenders (Cam Fowler, Ryan Ellis) they both played out their 3 yr rookie deals, and progressed to 81 and 82 respectively. I also have Drew Doughty (89 overall).

I get into the resign phase my first priority was to sign Doughty as long as I could, I get him to bite at 5yrs. 6.5 mil per.

I then move on to my young up and coming defenders... I was shocked when I saw that 81 overall Cam Fowler is asking for 6.8 per and Ellis was looking for a similar size deal... now I don't see how it is logical for the kids to ask for more than Doughty... but it seems to be the case with all defensemen asking for huge contracts while the forwards ask for a little less than you would expect.

Let me know what you guys think, or if maybe this is an aberration?
What are your experiences/thoughts?

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: BeAGM Free Agent Defensemen

Do player stats from the last season or two on their contracts factor into what kind of cash they demand? I remember previously it seemed to have little to no effect in my franchises (Matthew Lombardi put up huge numbers for me and I never had to pay him more than I think 3.5 mil) - maybe it's been adjusted.

What were their stats like the past couple years before they became free agents?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: BeAGM Free Agent Defensemen

That's a good point and didn't think of that... thought I'm not sure it has much bearing. Doughty put up about 65 and both kids put up around 40... which I don't think is 6.5- 7 million worthy. It seems like every FA defensemen is looking for major dough. For instance Eric Brewer at 33 years old asking for 5.75 and he's an 83. Just seems off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »