Home

People say anything good about the game?

This is a discussion on People say anything good about the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
People say anything good about the game?

You can't compare it to nba2k, and for me it's football season basketball is a long season. I would like if ea was not the only brand that had the NFL rights. That being said I get there are things very wrong about the game. Sometimes you have to work on what you have, they have put out patches, and rosters. I enjoy the game I'm 31 been playing before madden when tecmo was the best. I want to hear some people talk about what they like why they play what is good about the game. If you don't like the game sell it and talk about the many issues it has in the glitch thread etc. It's boring to come on here anymore people to much complaining instead talk about what you like or other things besides the same old complaing. The patches are out this is the game don't ruin the message boards with doom and gloom. We know the game has flaws if you like nba2k stay in that board and play ball. As for me in enjoy the game. I know I get bashed for this but I like to enjoy things I like not sit and talk negative we know the flaws.... Let's get more people talking about the love of the game my lil rant sorry everyone...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: People say anything good about the game?

Well I for one genuinely enjoy Madden. It's easily my favorite game of all genres. But I've only got into the game since this February, when a move to the States started looming and I figured I'd better work out my tight end from my short stop.

I think one reason for the complaints is feature moonwalk. From '10 to 11' there have been some good changes but I don't get how the pass defense could be so bad out of the box, why the weather effects got changed so dramatically or even why the Mad10 pre-game announcement got based with a broken record about the opposing QBs, even if it's Max Hall versus Alex Smith! Gameflow is great in theory but seems half-baked, and the gameplans for all teams are unrealistic out of the box. Then there is the patch that fixed "the flaw" that allowed you to set the AI team's gameplan in offline franchise. Ok, there's a work-around but what are they doing fixing something that wasn't actually broke? Couldn't they have stopped it raining in Dallas instead?

Hey ho. The game play is better than in 10, and while offline franchise is disappointingly as dull as last year, I still enjoy spending time rebuilding my teams each season. And the wife loves the music in Mad11 so I can crank up the volume. And yes, it's contributed amazingly to my understanding of American football. Compared to what I knew this time last year, heck I'm almost John Madden.

Still won't get Mad12 if it doesn't meaningfully add anything to my gaming experience over Mad11, though.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Great idea. We need some positive talk about what is the best Madden for this gen's consoles.

I love the gameplanning (I use the workaround for CPU), I love that the running game it feels awesome. I love the graphics they look great, I love the Locomotion (although this is just the first dev cycle for this new feature and it has flawed the DB's playing ability and special teams to a an extent). I love the soundtrack too. I really enjoy Gus Johnson (they just need to get both of them in a booth for next year as it feels half assed and the execution feels very rushed). I love playing my 32 team franchise (first time I had ever done this and it has been awesome thus far). I love doing my fantasy draft team after I play many seasons with real rosters, it gives the game another year or 2 or playability.

I really enjoy Madden 2011. Best Madden since 2005 and yes as far as gameplay maybe the best ever.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Honestly the only people that can make this game better is ourselves. With all the options we have and all the sliders we have we can make it very enjoyable. Let's focus on that than all the negatives about it, cuz basically we are stuck with this product til next year so why not make the best of it.

Maybe we can convince the mods to bring back the "gripes" thread. That way everyone who wants to complain can post there instead of creating a new thread.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Maybe we can convince the mods to bring back the "gripes" thread. That way everyone who wants to complain can post there instead of creating a new thread.
Hear hear. Is Ryan 36 in the house?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

the faces look pretty good. remember the zombies from 07? those guys gave me nightmares...so, in that aspect maddens done a good job on facial detail.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz1979
You can't compare it to nba2k, and for me it's football season basketball is a long season. I would like if ea was not the only brand that had the NFL rights. That being said I get there are things very wrong about the game. Sometimes you have to work on what you have, they have put out patches, and rosters. I enjoy the game I'm 31 been playing before madden when tecmo was the best. I want to hear some people talk about what they like why they play what is good about the game. If you don't like the game sell it and talk about the many issues it has in the glitch thread etc. It's boring to come on here anymore people to much complaining instead talk about what you like or other things besides the same old complaing. The patches are out this is the game don't ruin the message boards with doom and gloom. We know the game has flaws if you like nba2k stay in that board and play ball. As for me in enjoy the game. I know I get bashed for this but I like to enjoy things I like not sit and talk negative we know the flaws.... Let's get more people talking about the love of the game my lil rant sorry everyone...
Maybe the people that are enjoying the game are simply satisfied that it has the NFL license and could care less about the games true issues (gameplay etc.). So let's let the casual gamers enjoy it for what they like it for (the NFL) and let the hardcore football heads that want gameplay to be the selling point (not the NFL) talk all they want.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
Pro

I'm hardcore as you get I watch NFL network for my news not CNN that being said ea has the rights and we have to deal with it. I could get into how bad done things are there are enough threads on that. I'm want to talk about what positives we have and what people are doing with the game. It's better than last year... 2k has no NFL rights the day they get it were better off that being said let's talk madden.... Good things not that hard lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »