Home

SPECULATION: New color commentator for NHL 12?

This is a discussion on SPECULATION: New color commentator for NHL 12? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
SPECULATION: New color commentator for NHL 12?

I'm flipping around the channels, stopped on the NHL Network and am watching NHL Live (the simulcast of one of their radio shows) and noticed one of the hosts Billy Jaffe who also does color for games on the Versus Network is wearing an EA Sports / UnderArmour polo shirt. Its the same one I've seen dev team guys wearing in interviews before.

Coincidence? How would you feel about Jaffe as one of NHL12's announcers?

I haven't seen a whole lot of games called by him but hes young, pretty sharp and knowledgable and has good enthusiasm for the game. I think he would be a pretty good choice alongside the right play-by-play guy if they are changing up the commentary team this year.

Show is on until 1pm EST if you wanna check it out for yourself.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: SPECULATION- New color commentator for NHL12?

If they get rid of Bill Clement, I count it as a victory.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Although I'm still happy with the classic team of Gary and Bill... but with the right people, it would spice up the game with a new team.

For me....I'd like to see Dr. Emeric at least in there somewhere. He adds such a nice touch of imo...genuine excitement to the broadcasts. He just has such a feel good vibe to him, that's just fun to listen to.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Although I'm still happy with the classic team of Gary and Bill... but with the right people, it would spice up the game with a new team.

For me....I'd like to see Dr. Emeric at least in there somewhere. He adds such a nice touch of imo...genuine excitement to the broadcasts. He just has such a feel good vibe to him, that's just fun to listen to.
Until he blows his wad every time the puck goes in the net. Him and Joe Beninati (spelling) are so painful to listen to because they ejaculate every time a goal is scored.

I'm fine with Clement and Thorne, they just need to re-do their lines. Most of the commentary hasn't changed in a few years, that's what makes it stale IMO.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't know how much of a "victory" it would be, being that Thorne/Clement are quite good at video game commentary. People often fail to realize that just because a commentator is great in reality, doesn't mean they will do well in video games, where they are scripted. Besides, if EA leaves the same boring script and just changes the commentary team, it really means nothing. I would like to see a commentary system similar to 2K Basketball and have Emrick involved. He also does great video game commentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stew514
Until he blows his wad every time the puck goes in the net. Him and Joe Beninati (spelling) are so painful to listen to because they ejaculate every time a goal is scored.
Omg I know. If Crosby scores a game winning goal in OT, you better just change the channel immediately. Unless you happen to be a Pittsburgh fan, well then go ahead and enjoy the sound of 3 guys busting a load at the same time.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like Jaffe. He's smart and pretty balanced. I enjoyed it last year during the playoffs when he did games with Sam Rosen. I don't want Emerick doing games. The NHL needs a new crew for the national games. I just don't care for him and McGuire and Olczyk.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 24

Either completely re-do Thorne and Clement's lines or bring in somebody new. I actually wouldn't be opposed to Doc Emerick or Joe B (I love him), if only because they still do NHL games, and Thorne doesn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »