Home

Novice player with a few questions about RTTS and hitting

This is a discussion on Novice player with a few questions about RTTS and hitting within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3
Novice player with a few questions about RTTS and hitting

Howdy folks. I respect this site as there are some hardcore players out there. I am older, married and with kids...hence very little time to get some games in. (i.e. no more getting good enough to score 100 pts on Madden on hardest difficulty).

Anyway, I picked up this game based off of a suggestion and find it excruciatingly difficult to hit (although quite enjoyable to play). My hand eye coordination is off, I guess. So, I play on the Rookie batting setting...I just want to jump in and have fun from time to time. Does anyone have any tips or hints on:
  • Hitting the long ball consistently in Home Run Derby
  • keeping yourself from getting benched for stupid things in RTTS (hit & run with bad pitch, etc.)
  • Home run hitting, in general

Any help would be appreciated.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Novice player with a few questions about RTTS and hitting

as the old adage goes, practice makes perfect.

i had ALL of the problems that you are having just a couple months ago when i got the game myself, took me a while but i finally got my timing right with the Rookie batting setting and started making serious headway into getting points to level up my skills as needed.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14

I also had some problems when I started. It depends on both your characters attributes and the player's timing skills.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

as far as rtts stuff is concerned, just swing away on every hit and run even if the ball is no where near the strike zone. it will go down as a fail, but usually your runner still advances.

learn to be extremely patient, i think thats the best tip any new player can learn. take pitches, the more pitches you watch the easier batting becomes.

this game is unlike any other sports game you have played. once you get past the learning frustration, you will really enjoy this game. ive been playing for the past few years, and yet im still learning new things about baseball and about this game. i cant thank scea enough for the work they do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »