Home

WR recruits over time. Question.

This is a discussion on WR recruits over time. Question. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
WR recruits over time. Question.

I haven't played the game since Madden came out and I discovered they weren't going to fix the super low juke and elusiveness ratings for all the WR recruits.

For those of you playing into your 5th plus season what are your impression of these low rated WR's? Do any of them feel elusive like a Desean Jackson, Dexter McCluster, Wes Welker, Trindon Holliday, or Tedd Ginn or do they all feel the same?

I want to start playing Dynasty Mode again sometime but not if an entire position is busted by year 5. Thanks for any input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WR recruits over time. Question.

Um not sure really the only difference i can gather is between a speed guy and possession guy.

Overall feeling i get is they don't develop good.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

They tweaked progression to help them improve, I am in year 7 of my dynasty and by there senior year elv, spm, sar and jkm (we will called these Moves) get improved.

With that said, spd, acc, and agl (we will call these Mobility) matter A LOT more than the problem attributes. On the field you can play with a 90 Mobility guy with 50 Moves and he will feel quick. On the other hand it you have a 99 Moves guy but only 75 mobility he will be an absolute dog. Moves attributes matter but not near as much as Mobility on the field.

I have a couple wr's with good sar, a couple good at jkm, a couple good at spm. What I have found is that the spin move is the most effective special move in the game and even with my wr's who are sub 60 in spm, I can still pull the move off with ease.

Dont be overly worried with the Moves attributes. The game is still very fun and wr's are still fun to play with (if you recruit the right ones) many years into the game. Also if you just have to have a great moves guy, you can always move a hb to wr.

Last edited by PocketScout; 11-19-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm in year 5 right now, and I just got a sick WR with 95 SPD and 95 ACC. His spin and juke moves are in the mid 60's, but it's more than enough. And by the time this guy is a Senior he will be a Desean Jackson clone.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
They tweaked progression to help them improve, I am in year 7 of my dynasty and by there senior year elv, spm, sar and jkm (we will called these Moves) get improved.

With that said, spd, acc, and agl (we will call these Mobility) matter A LOT more than the problem attributes. On the field you can play with a 90 Mobility guy with 50 Moves and he will feel quick. On the other hand it you have a 99 Moves guy but only 75 mobility he will be an absolute dog. Moves attributes matter but not near as much as Mobility on the field.

I have a couple wr's with good sar, a couple good at jkm, a couple good at spm. What I have found is that the spin move is the most effective special move in the game and even with my wr's who are sub 60 in spm, I can still pull the move off with ease.

Dont be overly worried with the Moves attributes. The game is still very fun and wr's are still fun to play with (if you recruit the right ones) many years into the game. Also if you just have to have a great moves guy, you can always move a hb to wr.
So basically if you want a guy that would be a good returner or slot guy, make sure the Agility is high because that seems to determine if Juke/Elusiveness matter?

Thanks for all the input guys. I may get my Red Raiders...or maybe Hawkeyes...dynasty going soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
So basically if you want a guy that would be a good returner or slot guy, make sure the Agility is high because that seems to determine if Juke/Elusiveness matter?

Thanks for all the input guys. I may get my Red Raiders...or maybe Hawkeyes...dynasty going soon.
I am not sure what ELV actually does, JKM is the effectiveness of the juke move, while AGL is used to determine how quick the player responds (on screen) to a change in direction (not a JKM).
Old 11-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have had good luck turning fast RB's with decent hands into WR's.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
I am not sure what ELV actually does, JKM is the effectiveness of the juke move, while AGL is used to determine how quick the player responds (on screen) to a change in direction (not a JKM).
ELU is basically BTK because BTK no longer factors into the game engine. ELU replaced it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »