Home

Realistic foul numbers???

This is a discussion on Realistic foul numbers??? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Realistic foul numbers???

No matter what slider set I use, I can't get realistic foul numbers. The CPU will usually have two-three times the amount of fouls I do. I don't even know what the foul sliders mean. Does shooting foul frequency on CPU mean they'll have more called against them or for them? How does it correlate to USER? They're very ambiguous and I can't figure them out.

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Realistic foul numbers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcunningham428
No matter what slider set I use, I can't get realistic foul numbers. The CPU will usually have two-three times the amount of fouls I do. I don't even know what the foul sliders mean. Does shooting foul frequency on CPU mean they'll have more called against them or for them? How does it correlate to USER? They're very ambiguous and I can't figure them out.

Any help is appreciated.
There is a tendency called "draw foul" which will influence how often fouls are called. Realistically, fouls should be called on about 10% of plays. I'm pretty sure CPU foul freq influences how often they are called for them. It also matters how you play-- if you drive, post up, etc. I see realistic foul calls on my stars but my rookies (there are exceptions) and bums tend to get hacked with no call more often. I think the numbers bear out.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I can't figure out how to get more non-shooting fouls. Reach in, loose ball, and over-the back fouls AND go for on ball steals are all @ 100.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
I can't figure out how to get more non-shooting fouls. Reach in, loose ball, and over-the back fouls AND go for on ball steals are all @ 100.
I am working on my sliders now. I was getting nice amounts (probably a little low, but I don't know if better is possible) with my current set, but other problems needed to be fixed. So I'm not quite sure where they stand now. Need to test.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Fouls are stick ridiculously high in my favor. I have their foul stuff turned up real high and mine is real low. Don't know what else to do. Any ideas??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcunningham428
Fouls are stick ridiculously high in my favor. I have their foul stuff turned up real high and mine is real low. Don't know what else to do. Any ideas??
I have the attack the basket slider at 95, inside shot tendency at 17, close tendency at 21, med tendency at 40, commit fouls at 100, and 3pt tendency at 39. I don't give either side an edge on my sliders and I'm getting even fouls for myself and the CPU.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:50 AM   #7
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree with ace. I can't get any non shooting fouls. Hopefully the patch will address this? It's frustrating to only see 3 or so non shooting fouls a game...

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »