Home

NBA 2K11 Scripted ?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Scripted ? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs down NBA 2K11 Scripted ?

What do you think about the fact that everytime we make a game, we can win by 10 (or more) and the cpu make you totaly ****ed up the game until he take the leads or back to score ? (and sometimes beat us)

We can win by Ten and in 2 minutes, we can't put another basket, we do lot of fouls, miss free trhow, miss easy pass... but the cpu, him, can do everything ! even if you win since the start of the game !!! it's not logical, and this why I think a lot of things are scripted...

Have you ever see that ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K11 Scripted ?

Haven't seen what you're talking about. If anything, I feel that it's great to see the losing team put more effort into strategy trying to cover ground. Whether you're doing everything right or wrong, seems to me they're trying to keep the scores close, which is a good thing. Blowing out a team in the 1st quarter or half and trying to finish the game seems like forever, and it blows interest in the game.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14

it's not scripted. unless you experience the same thing in 50 straight games, people on this board should accept a loss or "bug". I read so much complaints based on 1 or 2, maybe 5 games... That makes no sense.
Unless the same thing happens EVERY single game, it's not something that needs to be fixed. I've seen crazy stuff happen in the NBA too.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I noticed this back on 2K6. Can't comment on any of the last five game versions though.

But I'll tell you what only because I've seen this on other video game sub-forums... if you're calling out "comeback AI" and you're factually incorrect (that is, Beluba chimes in and swears under oath that no such thing exists in the code), things aren't going to go well in this thread.

This would happen all the time though. Suddenly I wouldn't be able to make layups, etc. Normally the effect should kind of go the opposite way, where the other team goes for a lot of three-pointers or gets overly aggressive and draws fouls, etc. Normally the lead should widen or something.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-16-2010, 05:07 AM   #5
Rookie

But for what reason in a good game when the lakers who was champion vs the Heat who was a "new team" (and it happens against all the team and in each game), there's THIS period in all Qt when, for absolutely no reason you do absolutely all wrong ! I change absolutely nothing in my gameplay...

I often change defense, various offense tactics and the minutes after nothing good.

For what reason, we miss free throw, do absurd fouls, and miss big open shoot close to the basket, miss some DUNK alone !!!! but for cpu who make fouls the judge dont count them and they put basket 1meter behind the line at 3 !

It's never happens IRL have you aver see the wolves beat the Celtics who have got +15 points in the 3th Qt ? and in 1 minutes everything got wrong for the Celtics, Ronjo is inujred, Allen Miss all his basket, Pierce miss dunk and they can't keep score ?

NO ! that why I think there's something wrong in this game, it made like that and it sucks, I'm not the only one to have see that. really...

This Game is fabulous, but this thing make my interest be lower day by day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 05:11 AM   #6
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

I dont think so.Ive played well over 50 games and ive only seen three comebacks.One by me and the other cpu.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I noticed this back on 2K6. Can't comment on any of the last five game versions though.

But I'll tell you what only because I've seen this on other video game sub-forums... if you're calling out "comeback AI" and you're factually incorrect (that is, Beluba chimes in and swears under oath that no such thing exists in the code), things aren't going to go well in this thread.

This would happen all the time though. Suddenly I wouldn't be able to make layups, etc. Normally the effect should kind of go the opposite way, where the other team goes for a lot of three-pointers or gets overly aggressive and draws fouls, etc. Normally the lead should widen or something.
'm totally ok with the fact that the opposent team must more aggresive for re come to score, ok and no problem with that !

but if team become more agressive for came back, it's not for that that sunddenly the team we've play can't put another basket in 3 minutes...
Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Classic sliders / All Star Level / Clutch factor ON / 11 minutes QT

Pistons @ Lakers, first QT , Logical and plaisant to play ... 2d was another story and these screen represent totally what I want to say with thread.

Doubt is ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »