Home

I give up!!!!

This is a discussion on I give up!!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
I give up!!!!

Man this game was nice IMO until the patch changed the shooting. I've played with sliders and default. On pro I win all the time but anything over pro is crazy. The CPU run nice fastbreaks and you are lucky if can get down the court without the CPU all over your players. On Allstar I play with jumpshot feed back enable and have perfect release and the ball rims out, air balls or back rim thumps. I just wait until MLB11. Can not play game above Pro level. Love 2KBB but the patch made the game very tough for me. Was playing on Allstar before patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I give up!!!!

I feel your pain. I play my player mode and between the inability to sink a jumper and a few other issues I am praying for a patch. But Brace yourself, because people are going to tell you that you need to practice more. The thing is practice jumpers and even shooting drill jumpers are nothing like in game jumpers. In game you are more than not forced into a contested jumpers which the timing for is well ridiculous!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarkin
The thing is practice jumpers and even shooting drill jumpers are nothing like in game jumpers. In game you are more than not forced into a contested jumpers which the timing for is well ridiculous!
This is very true. For NBA2k but also for real life. If you watch a NBA player shoot alone in a gym. Even a avg shooter like Derrick Rose, he'll stick Jumper after jumper with no defense guarding him. I watched Joakim Noah hit 17 ft line extended jumpers in a row while working out before the Bulls played the Cavs in the playoffs last year. First play of the game, Noah gets the ball in that exact same spot, and barely even touched the rim on his shot.

But here is a tip, I noticed that the jump shot feed back isn't always accurate. You have to pay attention to the misses. If it's really short, then you probably held the shot stick too long. If it is a bad brick, the kind that goes over the backboard after hitting the rim or is off target then you either released it too early or had the shot stick slightly too the right or left. If the shot constantly goes in without touching the rim at all (nothing but net) then that is the release point for that particular shooting form.

hope that helps. I prefer it to be this way because it adds to the experience of the game and brings a real life feel to the game. Because those are the results you'd get if you held the jumper too long or released to early.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

i kinda have this trouble but not enough to complain about.I play on all star default and have had a variety of great games.Some big losses,big wins,overtime thrillers and last sec showdowns.I dont think just because you get a perfect release every shot should go in****n plays and play to your strenghs and look for the best shot possible.I love the challenge of this years game and its without a doubt my favorite sports game ever. I think this years game is made for people who play and watch basketball more then any sport.You really have to play like you would in real life........i love it
Old 01-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play on Pro with some personal slider adjustments and I'm having a blast.

I pumped up Attack the Basket for the computer to 75 or 80. Then I lowered my shooting so it's 2 points less than the computer. I also dropped mine and the computer's on the ball D.

Don't give up man, this game is amazing. It's annoying to have to change the sliders a bunch, but once you find a good medium, it's great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsfan1
Man this game was nice IMO until the patch changed the shooting. I've played with sliders and default. On pro I win all the time but anything over pro is crazy. The CPU run nice fastbreaks and you are lucky if can get down the court without the CPU all over your players. On Allstar I play with jumpshot feed back enable and have perfect release and the ball rims out, air balls or back rim thumps. I just wait until MLB11. Can not play game above Pro level. Love 2KBB but the patch made the game very tough for me. Was playing on Allstar before patch.
u're talking about online? because if u just play offline u can always delete the patch no?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

The sliders on here are good to mess with and find what works
Old 01-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

play online with the better shot releases . enough of this playervsCPU love

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »