Home

Can't even play a game without freezing...

This is a discussion on Can't even play a game without freezing... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can't even play a game without freezing...

Hey guys, can anyone help me figure out what is going on with this game? I have a 9 year old son who loves to play this game and so do I sometimes. Lately we can't even finish a quarter without it freezing. We are on PS3, I've tried the complete uninstall-reinstall thing to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can't believe 2k would let this problem go on with no help. Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can't even play a game without freezing...

some further info, actually it's not freezing it will get to the end of the quarter and the picture will go black. You can still hear the sound in the background but can't advance back to the game.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Sorry I can't help have you tried calling 2k technical support.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

I can't say for sure that this will fix your problem, but I have had similar issues, but have noticed it on many games not just NBA2K.

Alas, I have almost come to the conclusion that I have dust inside my PS3, and when the fan kicks on (ie. maybe why you get to the 1st quarter break) it seems to freeze my game. Now, I have done plenty of things hoping to fix so this is kind of my last resort and hope that is what is causing it. But I'm thinking the fan kicks on and some dust gets kicked into areas that it shouldn't be causing a freeze up.

I stood my PS3 up on the end for the past two nights while playing hoping that if this was the case it would maybe keep the dust from getting up to the disk/laser area and no freezes. Could be purely coincidental but thought I would share. This weekend I am opening it up and vacuuming or blowing the dust out of it just to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »