Home

How do I add a created player to the free agency pool?

This is a discussion on How do I add a created player to the free agency pool? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do I add a created player to the free agency pool?

According to the manual, "Player Create: Create and suit up players to add to the free agent pool." So I created my player, open my franchise, look in free agency and... he's not there.

Curse the instruction manual if it was lying to me. How do I get him into free agency?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: How do I add a created player to the free agency pool?

Now these are instructions if you are starting a clean franchise :

If you want a player that you have created to be a free agent in your franchise, you must first create the player, then check for him in the free agent pool. After that save your roster (while not required it is the sure way to go).

Load your roster and then start a franchise. Your player should be in the free agency pool.

These are instructions if you are already using an exsisting franchise :

Go to your franchise options and look for "Edit Rookies" once this is enabled you will be able to edit the rookie report in the ESPN.com website tab.

If you want a specific stat for a rookie and want to make sure your grabbing him off the draft line, go through the draft first. Then when it is your turn, go to the player you want to edit.

If you are afraid that he will be taken up during the draft, go to his attributes and make all of them ZERO, or for the skill position players make there corresponding stats ZERO. Such as zero Catch and Hold on to ball for WR. Zero Throwing Acc and Throwing Power for QB, and so on.

Hope that helped. If not, im here

Come check out the forums @
http://www.THLForums.com
Old 01-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the in-depth guide. When does the "rookie report" on ESPN.com become available? Near the end of the season?

Edit: Nevermind, it showed up. So then basically I just pick an existing player on this draft board and edit him to reflect the player I created in the main menu? Kinda sucks I have to make him again, but shouldn't take long I guess.

Last edited by ReMeDy; 01-29-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

For future reference in case anyone else is wondering Week 8 is where the Rookie Report is avalible.

I think that it is the best way to get created players in a franchise file. Be warned though that there is a limit to how many people you can edit although I have yet to hit the cap. Its in like the hundreds though. If you are more advanced in using Finn's editor you can edit the retiring personel or edit people who have a very low overall rating in free agency, thats what Ive done . Also those players who have gone to the UFL or AFL or have just plain retired, I edit there stuff and turn them into brand new rookies. Keeps the game fresh

Come check out the forums @
http://www.THLForums.com
Old 02-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the info Hendrick, been wondering how do that with the exsisting franchise i'm using after updating my rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »