Home

Chewing Tobacco

This is a discussion on Chewing Tobacco within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Chewing Tobacco

I would highly recommend you try to quit if you can. I've chewed for 15 years or so. Over the last month, I have been sweating bullets over a sore ear, sore jaw, stiff neck, all the classic symptoms of throat/oral cancer. I went to the doctor and he couldn't see anything in regards to an ear infection or sinus infection. So I went to the dentist and he couldn't find anything either, but thought it may be tooth related. I went to the orthodontist and he found it was a molar that was most likely causing the problem. I had a root canal yesterday and it seems to have almost immediately cleared up the pain. The dentist didn't seem real concerned about the chewing though, which was good.

Anyway, waking up in the middle of the night worrying about the prospect of it being some type of cancer just wasn't worth it. As much as I hate the dentist, I have no desire to have anyone operate in my mouth or throat area.

Quitting really wasn't bad, the cravings went away after about a week and I have no urge for it when I see my friends pop one in. It will save me alot of money and fights with the wife to boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Re: Chewing Tobacco

Mods can you move this to the neighborhood, unless you find chewing tobacco entertaining.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Tried it once...puked my brains out. Don't see how anyone can enjoy using that stuff.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

That stuff is just plain wrong. My roommate in college chewed and always had that nasty cup of mouth jizz sitting around. Gross!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Icon12 Re: Chewing Tobacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I would highly recommend you try to quit if you can. I've chewed for 15 years or so. Over the last month, I have been sweating bullets over a sore ear, sore jaw, stiff neck, all the classic symptoms of throat/oral cancer. I went to the doctor and he couldn't see anything in regards to an ear infection or sinus infection. So I went to the dentist and he couldn't find anything either, but thought it may be tooth related. I went to the orthodontist and he found it was a molar that was most likely causing the problem. I had a root canal yesterday and it seems to have almost immediately cleared up the pain. The dentist didn't seem real concerned about the chewing though, which was good.

Anyway, waking up in the middle of the night worrying about the prospect of it being some type of cancer just wasn't worth it. As much as I hate the dentist, I have no desire to have anyone operate in my mouth or throat area.

Quitting really wasn't bad, the cravings went away after about a week and I have no urge for it when I see my friends pop one in. It will save me alot of money and fights with the wife to boot.
Been diping for almost 20 years now and I am with you.
Every time I get a sore in my mouth or a stiff neck I think it is because of the tobacco.
I have quit 2 or 3 times once for about 6 months but I always come back. My biggest weakness is wanting a dip while I am gaming late at night.
I do not dip at work or in front of my family, I only dip at night while I am gaming or while I am driving alone.
My denist cant believe I have been dipping for as long as I have as my teeth are in perfect shape. I think my gums are a different story but my teeth are good.
I starting dipping while I was playing baseball in college and just cant seem to kick the habit. I have buddies that always have a dip in, they go through 3 or 4 cans a week. One can will last we over a week. I really need to quit, as soon as the can I have is gone. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I've only dipped a few times. I liked it but it was nothing special and I wouldn't spend money on it. I had an old roomate who fell asleep with it in his mouth once, and always had dip in. It is real popular in the Navy, so the temptation is always there.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I never gave into the peer pressure through my ~20 years of playing baseball.

It is disgusting!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I never gave into the peer pressure through my ~20 years of playing baseball.

It is delicious!
Wait, aren't you about 25 or 26 years old? You had people pushing tobacco in little league?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »