Home

Post-season awards and All-Star selections are strange

This is a discussion on Post-season awards and All-Star selections are strange within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post-season awards and All-Star selections are strange

Hi,

I am playing with the Celtics and Rondo is playing a stellar first season with 14 PPG, 4.5 RPG and 11 APG (1st with big margin over CP). He is also 1st in Steals. But still he was not in the All-Star Game, and is not considered for any post-season award, not even for a 1st or 2nd All-NBA-Team.

Also, Durant (not user-controlled) is the leading scorder with 32 PPG, has won almost every single weekly award and ALL of the monthly awards, but did not make it to the All-Star Game nor is he considered as the MVP. What???

My 5 MVP candidates are Bryant, Gasol, Odom (?), LeBron and Ginobli (all CPU). Except from Bryant and LeBron, all have average stats. Rookie of the year will be Wall. Griffin was not even considered, although winning Rookie of the week every time. Griffin (CPU controlled) is 4th in PPG and 3rd in rebounds, but was also snubbed in the All-Star Game.

The awards mechanism seams pretty strange is NBA 2k11, no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
The award mechanics do need to be adjusted for next years game. I havent problems like your discussed but did you look at the all star voting that will let you know how close to making the all star you were.

As far as the mvp I do see guys with average stats being mentioned but LBJ usually wins it in all seasons I have played. I had Johnny Flynn average 25ppg, 9.8 asst & 2 steals and he wasn't mentioned as an mvp candidate.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Post-season awards and All-Star selections are strange

I have had a some strange ones in my as well. For example, I'm the Bulls and Derrick Rose was leading all guards in the East in voting and he bacame injured, not out but hurt, and when the players were announced he was left off the All Star team completely. The worse thing about it is John Wall made the team and the left both Rose and Rondo off. The one off season award that I think is most messed up in the "Most Improved", some of the guys in the running should not be on it, including Rose.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Rookie

It's weird that a guy can be leading the "Award Race" for a particular award right before you enter the playoffs but then he doesn't win it. No more games were played so why did he lose?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Please, I'm leading rookie scoring right now and I'm 5th on the ROY race but I guess because Evan Turner gets a whopping 4 boards a game to go with his 11 ppg, that make him "better" than me? And my team is 3rd in the East, Sixers? Nowhere to be found.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
Rookie

I think that the team success also plays a big role in considering who wins MVP. I know that this IS actuallay also the case in real life but in my association the Lakers dominate the league with a win-% of 0.870. They have Bryant, Odom, Gasol and now also Artest in the race for MVP. I have a win-% of 0.720 with my Celtics and I have none in the final-5, although almost all my stating five have better stats that the Lakers players (except Bryant) :/
Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

This is a somewhat tough area to enhance. I mean the reserves are coaches' decisions and there's always snubs.

Rondo's numbers seem similar to ones i put up with Jerryd Bayless [12ppg 13apg] and he made the all-star team with Rondo...??....and he was top 5 in MVP, my TOR team had 40 wins, go figure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »