Home

Which 2k was best prior to 11? And why?

This is a discussion on Which 2k was best prior to 11? And why? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
Rookie

xHostile818x's Arena

OVR: 9
Which 2k was best prior to 11? And why?

For all my long time 2k partners. Simply tell us which 2k was your favorite and why you choose it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Which 2k was best prior to 11? And why?

2K8. That was the only other time where I played through multiple seasons as I am doing now with my Miami Heat. It had me addicted, 2K9 and 2K10 did not have me addicted nearly as much.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Darkimpact17's Arena

OVR: 3

2k8-2k9 were fantastic game I really don't see what makes 2k11 better.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

I loved 2K8. That's the only NBA game, to date, in which I've been able to play an entire 82-game Association.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Definitely 2k8 it was just a great game of basketball. I think what makes a basketball gm great (gameplay wise) is balance and 2k8 was great at balancing offense and defense. Lead passing was a problem but it could be stopped. What I think put 2k8 over the top though was the online lobbies. It was so much easier to find a quality opponent and with HOF and HOF long lobbies were great! It also made creating and finding online leagues easier.

2k8 i miss you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimpact17
2k8-2k9 were fantastic game I really don't see what makes 2k11 better.
All sorts of updates since then. I tried to play 2K8 again right before 2K11 came out, but I forgot how bad the graphics were compared to now. The gameplay is also much better with realistic scores and such. Not trying to convince you of anything though, if you like 2K8 better then the better for you bud.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Add me to the 2k8 group. I still prefer that gameplay to the current style, but 2k11 does everything else better. Most people would probably disagree with me about the gameplay part, too, but it drives me crazy on 2k11 how the player movement works. I push left to nudge my defender in that direction and he either doesn't move at all or takes 3 steps and puts himself in terrible position. Also, when I have the ball I can't really dribble around much or some defender will bump into me and cause me to slowly gather myself. It's annoying but oh well.

It seems the game now is all about premeditation and knowing what you're going to do before you do it. It's not so much about read and react anymore because your reaction takes place on the screen a delayed second or so after you've made the move. Like pump fakes. If I throw it low to a guy and pump fake, holy crap it might take 3 seconds before the pump fake is actually attempted, and I have to guess whether the defender will bite or not because if I wait and see, he'll land and jump/defend again by the time my player actually begins his shot/move.

Sorry for the rant, 2k11 is a very solid game but these minor issues irritate me and I haven't figured a way to adjust my sliders to help out.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

2k8, although for year over year improvement, 2k7 was shocking in how good it was compared to the previous year.

2k7 was digital crack when it came out, played the crap out of that demo, waiting on the full game.

2k8 was an improvement on that , but not near the leap from the year before, imo.

beluba left after that and 2k kind of lost their way for 2k9, 2k10. couldnt play those for too long

2k11 surpasses 2k8 for me though. best to date. will be playing all the way to 2k12, and hoping they keep improving it.

they still have vast improvements they can make, glitches they can fix, seasons they can add.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »