Home

No Copying of Saved Game Files Kills Me...

This is a discussion on No Copying of Saved Game Files Kills Me... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8
No Copying of Saved Game Files Kills Me...

After learning from Countryboy that you can no longer copy saved game files and the fact that there is no online franchise, I'm at a loss. My brother and I used to circumvent the no online franchise by emailing our franchise file back and forth...cumbersome...but it worked great. Now we are dead in the water.

Online season play isn't appealing to us because there is no continuation. One and done. We like to play through multiple shortened seasons, watching our teams (and the league) change with free agent moves and new talent coming up from the minors. I find franchise mode is just so much more enjoyable when you are involved with other human controlled teams.

I know this is a function of the PS3 and not The Show, but its still very disappointing. Good thing I love RTTS as much as I do. *sigh*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: No Copying of Saved Game Files Kills Me...

It is kind of a bummer as I have a PS3 at home...and one I use for when I'm at ....well...not home ....and I used to just use the franchise save to keep moving it back and forth.

This has to do with the trophies more than anything I assume.
Now...I heard that we'd be able to share our files between PS3 and the new PSP....so I wonder where this lies with that?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Man, that is definitely a bummer.

It was so nice last year to be able to d/l a franchise file with Knight's roster. Looks like I'll have to edit all the 40-man rosters myself after I play through spring training. Oh well.. not the end of the world.

I'm not one to go on negative rants often, but what a load of crap it is that they have to do all of this for trophies. If that is indeed the case here, that is truly disappointing. I have to lose functionality in my favorite game because there are losers out there who want to cheat on trophies..?? Is that what's causing this to happen? And even if there are people who cheat to get trophies, who gives a ****? They're just trophies... why does the PSN have to do something like this to make them secure?? It's just a message that pops up when you do something noteworthy in a game...

Am I missing something here?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Copied from the Q&A thread as it's relevant here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm 100% positive they cannot be copied. I tried to back my franchise file up to my flashdrive and it says that copying of save files is not allowed. Not sure the exact wording. It cannot be patched, as its done by the PSN and not by the Show developers.
That...could be interesting if the lineups still get rearranged after ST. One of the workarounds for that was for someone to upload a franchise simmed to the start of a regular season. If the franchise saves are locked as you say, that won't be happening this year.

This doesn't really affect me as I actually LIKE seeing what the AI does with the lineups (I'm not as attached to the names as some people are), but it could definitely be an issue for those who want the lineups they set to stick. Like CB said they did patch GT5 on this issue, so hopefully that can be done here too.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Each title can handle whether the saved data files are copy protected or not. The decision to make them locked was made by The Show development team most likely to prevent some sort of exploit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Also, it is not certain that the reason they are copy protected is for trophies. The PS3 has the capability to disable trophies if you are using someone elses save file.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
Each title can handle whether the saved data files are copy protected or not. The decision to make them locked was made by The Show development team most likely to prevent some sort of exploit.
actually it wasn't. It was done by the PSN.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
actually it wasn't. It was done by the PSN.
I don't think that's possible. If you go into the Saved Data Utility, find the Franchise file, press Triangle and go to Information I bet it says Copy Protected next to Lock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »