Home

Why the BIG in-game mlb the show 11 banners?

This is a discussion on Why the BIG in-game mlb the show 11 banners? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why the BIG in-game mlb the show 11 banners?

Is this some sort of requirement or something? They are really just an eyesore; after all we already bought the game. Do you really need to constantly remind us that we are playing MLB 11 the Show?

At the Nationals stadium it takes up the entire sightline for the batter…

Am I the only one that has an issue with this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Why the BIG in-game mlb the show 11 banners?

I hate it too.
One of the stadiums, I forget which one, has the banner three times right next to each other.
Really?
Theres no need for three of them in a row.

Come on now. Put the fakes ads there. Besides the Show logo is on the score bug up top, when a batter walks up, when a pitcher comes in.
its absolutely ridiculous.

My idea for the ticker and walk up versions is to change it to SCEA Sports Network.

As far as the banners, like I said, use the fake ads they have in Front Office of franchise.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agreed, its ridiculous. It's starting to look like an EA game. I understand the need for the banners if your game is playing in a public area with people walking by and such. Lets them know quickly what they are looking at. HOWEVER this is completely un necessary since this is never the case. I dunno bout you guys but I dont have a lot of random people walking through my living room when I play. Anyone who is here and wants to know what game it is will ask me. No point in advertising to the people that live here cause we already bought the damn game.

Its tacky as hell, and I can't see it creating much value from and advertisement standpoint.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #4
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2

They obviously have their reasons. Whether we know what they are, or understand them, is probably not their biggest concern.

Besides, they have never really bothered me. I am usually to immersed in the game itself to notice Show banners.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by emath
They obviously have their reasons. Whether we know what they are, or understand them, is probably not their biggest concern.

Besides, they have never really bothered me. I am usually to immersed in the game itself to notice Show banners.

then you must never notice the little things lol

i feel for you I really do.

maybe SCEA will chime in on the topic, it'd be interesting to know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't mind the ads so much but I can't stand how at comerica park it says "the show" where it should say ford field. I understand they don't have the rights for it but it looks awful.

I always want to start a tigers franchise but it annoys me way too much that I can't! A bit OCD maybe but it ruins comerica for me.

There is something similar at progressive.

Just a little moan to an otherwise outstanding game.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Banned

lesscan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
then you must never notice the little things lol

i feel for you I really do.

maybe SCEA will chime in on the topic, it'd be interesting to know.

I really dont notice them either, I have been playing TS since it came out in '05 so I guess Im just used to them.

Are they in places where REAL ads are in REAL stadiums?
If thats the case, then thats why they are there. They gotta put something there and they cant put the REAL ads there. I guess they could create fake ads like the "Bata Who?" ad at Fenway.

Maybe you should make up some ad designs and submit them, maybe they will use them in 2012!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
Banned

lesscan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
I don't mind the ads so much but I can't stand how at comerica park it says "the show" where it should say ford field. I understand they don't have the rights for it but it looks awful.

I always want to start a tigers franchise but it annoys me way too much that I can't! A bit OCD maybe but it ruins comerica for me.

There is something similar at progressive.

Just a little moan to an otherwise outstanding game.
Ford Field is the Football stadium right? Thats probably why they cant use it. Is "Ford Field" in Madden? I know "Soldier Field" isnt, they call it "Chicago Stadium".

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »