Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Impressions

Please post here.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Tiger 12 Impressions....

I picked this up at lunch and played one hole of career. I never did make the putt. I put it on Tournament Difficulty? (whatever the hardest level, no meters, etc. is) I kept putting it too hard. Back and forth, back and forth. So I gave up and went to another mode. I'm just gonna have to practice.

Then I tried out about 5 holes of President's Cup. Tiger and my created golfer played Villegas and ??? Anyway, I played Foursome which is alternate shot. I enjoyed it. I like the new controls, I think. I haven't figured out everything just yet. I will get into it a little more tonight and see how I like the career mode. I didn't get TW11, so the President's Cup is new to me and I loved the little bit I played. If I can figure out the aiming and zooming and all those little controls, I think I'm gonna really enjoy this. I love the high difficulty and the no putting meter, although obviously I'm not very good at it yet.

The only thing I haven't liked so far is the camera after I hit the shot. For example, I was in a fairway bunker with a kind of high lip. I hit my shot and then the camera panned down to waistlevel where all I could see was the sand and I had NO IDEA where my ball ended up. Not even a clue. I just heard the crowd groan, so i knew it wasn't too great of a shot. I would be OK with not knowing exactly where the ball is, but don't change the camera angle away from what I could really see if I was the golfer. I would've been able to see out of the bunker and know the ball was going left of the green. With the camera angle I had, all I could see was sand and my guy's legs.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I also skipped 11. I liked 10 a lot. 12 seems like a great game so far. I am struggling with putting. Is there a way to use Tiger 10 style putting instead of the default meter?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

My impressions so far:

-I played the EA Tiburon Classic in career mode, even though I could have skipped it. Won that, and was advanced to the Amateur Tour.

-I like the way that the caddy/voiceover whatever helps you through the career mode menus themselves, since there is so much going on it can be a bit overwhelming to keep track of what to do.

-On the course: Putting def is tough. I'm playing on tournament difficulty, and the combination of my lackluster putting skills and the difficulty makes putting tough, but makes birdies and pars that much more rewarding.

-Having not played TW 11, I like the XP system over the system that was in TW 10.

-Won my 1st event on the Amateur Tour w/ a +5 at East Lake, by 1 stroke, using normal CPU scoring. So now I am promoted to the Nationwide Tour.

-Overall, the caddy isn't as much of annoyance as it was in the demo, and at times is helpful, particularly on the greens. I still wish the option was there to get rid of the boxes w/ his suggestions though.

Overall I'm liking the game, but not loving it. Hopefully as the tour progresses and I get to the PGA it gets a bit more interesting.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Just started my Career mode and just played a sponsor challenge. Gotta say I am starting to really warm up a bit after having some doubts. The caddie does not even bother me at all probably because I only listen/follow half of his advice.

It feels like a totally revamped TW's to me and glad I made the purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
Pro

how is it with the move?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs3141
how is it with the move?
It worked well with the demo so hopefully it will with retail. I'll post impressions in a little while. Just finished my workout and can't lift my arms right now lol....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
It worked well with the demo so hopefully it will with retail. I'll post impressions in a little while. Just finished my workout and can't lift my arms right now lol....
thanks, was wondering if it would be worth it to get the move and this game. I liked TW on the WII but I want the DLC and the better graphics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »