Home

What's your biggest weakness in Fight Night Champion?

This is a discussion on What's your biggest weakness in Fight Night Champion? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 AM   #1
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4
Cool What's your biggest weakness in Fight Night Champion?

I think i get too bored at times and start to lose my discipline..

I have to become a more focused fighter throughout the whole fight and stop being so greedy ..

There's been a few fights I've had stolen from me because I got greedy and my opponent stole the fight from me with a knockout

That fight was crazy because my opponent actually got up 4 times lol (online)
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 04-04-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: What's your biggest weakness in Fight Night Champion?

I'm a lot better now than I was before but sometimes I try and trade punches instead of sticking to the plan. In my last fight I started out with 50 punches, moved up to 70 and even passed 100 in a round, all because I panicked and traded punches. I still won but could have done better.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I lose focus and allow people to exploit their power punch abilities to often. Another weakness is going online and continue to fight people who fight like that but I can't help it. I'm 0-2 today and I've been hit with a lag switch (seriously would lag himself out of trouble) and I guy who constantly through power punches. I didn't even get up even though I could of just because of him being a bad fighter. Not a good day for me so far.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

My weakness was the 1pko's. I was/am very good at avoiding punches without weaving and with minimal stepping. I use the block and head movement mostly. I can fight two or three different gameplans comfortably, but in the end it was the randomness of the 1pko's especially the one's that didn't hit you or the grazing rabbit punches.

If there is one left it is the max height/weight runners that have some skill. I don't always do a great job cutting off the ring.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #5

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I lose focus and allow people to exploit their power punch abilities to often. Another weakness is going online and continue to fight people who fight like that but I can't help it. I'm 0-2 today and I've been hit with a lag switch (seriously would lag himself out of trouble) and I guy who constantly through power punches. I didn't even get up even though I could of just because of him being a bad fighter. Not a good day for me so far.
I always thought this "lag switching" was a myth. However, I fought a guy today where I was beating him all rounds but the first. Towards the end he was getting visibly tired and then things got laggy and he was countering everything I did. I held off and really got conservative with my punches. I ended up knocking him out but I was wondering if he was doing this lag switch thing.

What exactly is that?

Edit: Never mind I just googled it. So lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I always thought this "lag switching" was a myth. However, I fought a guy today where I was beating him all rounds but the first. Towards the end he was getting visibly tired and then things got laggy and he was countering everything I did. I held off and really got conservative with my punches. I ended up knocking him out but I was wondering if he was doing this lag switch thing.

What exactly is that?

Edit: Never mind I just googled it. So lame.
Yeah Im primarily an Offline player who plays on 8 speed, so when Ive gone online and met the lag......I get hit by more power shots then I should because my timing is all screwed up

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtySoufReppin
I think i get too bored at times and start to lose my discipline..

I have to become a more focused fighter throughout the whole fight and stop being so greedy ..

There's been a few fights I've had stolen from me because I got greedy and my opponent stole the fight from me with a knockout

That fight was crazy because my opponent actually got up 4 times lol (online)
That's my biggest weakness as well. I always want to go for the kill. I fought won guy in world championship mode who was an 85 to my 78. He threw nothing but power punches and pretty much everytime he connected he put me in a stunned state. I stayed on the outside boxing him and making him miss. Around the 6th or 7th round all of his punches were slow and you could tell he was fading while my stamina was at 98%. I went inside and started trading with him and as soon as he caught me with two punches I was stunned and he dropped me for the KO.

Same thing has happened in two or three other fights.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Biggest weakness is fighting from the right side of the screen lol My coordination gets all screwed up. Everytime i try to htrow a jab it comes out as a straight right, etc. I'm just so much more comfortable from the other side for whatever reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »